DVD Builder not working

greghiller

I just purchased a new eMachines computer, C6535, with a IDE\CDROMHL-DT-ST_DVD-RW_GWA-4165B DVD burner. I loaded version 6 of the Easy CD and DVD Creator. Every time I try to use the DVD builder to burn a video to a DVD the program crashes. I can use the creator classic to burn a DVD, so the program seems to recognize the DVD burner, it just won't work with the DVD Creator. The whole reason I purchased this program was to make DVD movies of stuff from my camcorder. The computer came with a bare bones DVD burner program, but it is extremely rudimentary, and I'd really like to use the Roxio program.

I tried updating the program with no luck. The version I'm running is Home 6.0.0.171

I tried updating the DVD driver, but windows says I have the current version.

I just purchased a new eMachines computer, C6535, with a IDE\CDROMHL-DT-ST_DVD-RW_GWA-4165B DVD burner. I loaded version 6 of the Easy CD and DVD Creator. Every time I try to use the DVD builder to burn a video to a DVD the program crashes. I can use the creator classic to burn a DVD, so the program seems to recognize the DVD burner, it just won't work with the DVD Creator. The whole reason I purchased this program was to make DVD movies of stuff from my camcorder. The computer came with a bare bones DVD burner program, but it is extremely rudimentary, and I'd really like to use the Roxio program.

I tried updating the program with no luck. The version I'm running is Home 6.0.0.171

I tried updating the DVD driver, but windows says I have the current version.

The last updates were Basic 6.1.1.48 (4/04) and Platinum 6.2.0.134 (12/03)

I believe that burner is a Dual Layer burner. Keep in mind DL burning only started in V7.

Can you use Builder to burn to file rather than your burner? I want to see if we can isolate the issue.

I'm just using a normal DVD+R. I tried burning to a file. Crashes in the same manner as when burning to a drive.

- Greg

The last updates were Basic 6.1.1.48 (4/04) and Platinum 6.2.0.134 (12/03)

I believe that burner is a Dual Layer burner. Keep in mind DL burning only started in V7.

Can you use Builder to burn to file rather than your burner? I want to see if we can isolate the issue.

I'm just using a normal DVD+R. I tried burning to a file. Crashes in the same manner as when burning to a drive.

- Greg

That would indicate there is a problem with the source files you are using in the project.

Quick test, new project, burn to file with the defaults.

>Quick test, new project, burn to file with the defaults.<

Crashes just the same. Worthless.

- Greg Hiller

That would indicate there is a problem with the source files you are using in the project.

Quick test, new project, burn to file with the defaults.

All steps mentioned below completed. Program took approximately 3 seconds to crash when attempting to burn to file or to a DVD.

Other suggestions?

- Greg Hiller

I am out of fresh ideas… The only update for the Basic version is Basic 6.1.1.48 (4/16/04)

If you haven't tried that one, it is about the only other thing you could try. Otherwise, if it were mine, I would move on to V8 and be done with it. Of course you would need to check your system specs against the requirements of V8 before purchasing.

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate the help. But it is fairly obvious that this software is very poorly written. I would not spend any more money on poorly written software.

I am out of fresh ideas… The only update for the Basic version is Basic 6.1.1.48 (4/16/04)

If you haven't tried that one, it is about the only other thing you could try. Otherwise, if it were mine, I would move on to V8 and be done with it. Of course you would need to check your system specs against the requirements of V8 before purchasing.

Archived