• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

PLEASE HELP! - burning dvd-r - drag and drop

anna120300@hotmail.com

Question

Hi,

Can somebody please help me - i have just purchased the emc 8. and wanted to burn dvd-r's and cd-rs onto dvd-r - i tried to use the drag to disc everything was ok untill i dragged the movie i wanted to burn to the drag and drop box then a popup appeared saying please insert disc into drive d: but i already had my dvd-r in drive d: - im VERY confused i dont know wether its the discs or not as ive tried two different types of dvd-r -- please help as im a beginner :D

:D so if anyone can help it will be most welcome :D

:D:huh::D:)

4 answers to this question

I am a little confused, are you trying to copy DVD's and CD's or are you trying to put data files on said media? Most feel that D2D is not the most dependable application to use. Could you explain exactly what you are doing. :):huh:

i have a film on a dvd-r that i wanted to copy onto another dvd-r so that i can give a copy to my friend and ive also got a cd-r with some tv programms on it that i can only watch on the computer and want to watch them on my dvd player

hope this makes sense :)

The easiest way to do this is to use Disc Copy. Fire up Disc Copy and place your dvd in the drive, wait a bit until the disc is recognized, then on the left hand side, under source, choose the drive the dvd you want to copy is in then on the right hand side, under destination, choose Disc Image. Click Save As and browse to where you want to save that image, select a name and click burn. When completed, take the source disc out and insert a blank disc. Now do the opposite....for Source, select the file you just saved and for destination, select the dvd drive. The ISO file you just saved can be used to make as many copies as you like....identical to what was on the original dvd.

This will not copy copy-protected dvds.

FYI: Drag to Disc is a packet writer. As such it is great to move files from one PC to another where no other means of transfer exists. For the most part, once a disc is formatted for packet writing it can only be used for packet writing.

Packet writers are considered too unreliable for any form of backup.

Archived