• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

PlymSteve

My Own Thread

Question

I'm having the same problem. I've spent around 2 weeks now trying to install Creator 2009 Ultimate but without success.

As soon as the installation process reaches the point where Content is to be installed an error message appears suggesting that EMC 10 Content needs to be installed first and the whole process rolls back!

I am attempting to install Creator 2009 alongside EMC 10 so Content from EMC 10 should already be present.

Does this happen to people who have purchased Creator 2009 and do not have EMC 10 on their system at all?

I'm hoping someone has an answer to this problem - otherwise can someone suggest how I get Roxio to refund the 70 pound sterling I shelled out for this?

Steve

7 answers to this question

I'm hoping someone has an answer to this problem - otherwise can someone suggest how I get Roxio to refund the 70 pound sterling I shelled out for this?

Steve

Yes, Read and Follow the pinned post above…

Yes, Read and Follow the pinned post above…

Jim, I did read the post you pinned and I downloaded the file to fix the "corrupt registry" problem. Running that file returned a message which said there was nothing to be done as I had a valid installation.

Your suggestion did not therefore work - I trust you have other ideas which will fix the problem, although judging by the comments of others I shall be pleasantly surprised.

If a program is so difficult to install can it be regarded as unfit for purpose? Does that therefore give me a legal right to a refund and compensation for all the tiem I've spent trying just to install?

As I recall I have had problems installing just about every version of Roxio I've had and I@m certainly not uninstalling EMC10 until I've got Creator 2009 Ultimate up and running - if that ever happens

Jim, ...

Your suggestion did not therefore work - I trust you have other ideas which will fix the problem...

PlymSteve-- Jim is just a user, like almost everybody here at the forum, pls. keep that in mind.

If a program is so difficult to install can it be regarded as unfit for purpose? Does that therefore give me a legal right to a refund and compensation for all the tiem I've spent trying just to install?

Not likely!

Steve: You may be Reading but you are probably not Following instructions…

There are essentially 4 symptoms and 4 fixes. The Clean Install is a general fix for general errors.

The other three Home App Won't Start, Can't install Content, & Image xxx.png are the 3 that are specific and require a specific fix.

Of course if you really follow the instructions to the letter and it doesn't work then you call Tech Support.

You are correct - It shouldn't be this hard!!! But it is and there are many who are trying hard to get that fixed.

If you did the clean install then you have No Roxio or Sonic left on your PC?

For giggles, would you confirm that and outline your symptoms for us?

Also there are 4 versions of 2009 - Creator 2009, Creator 2009 Ultimate, Creator 2009 Special Edition & WinOnCD 2009. Which one do you have?

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Steve: You may be Reading but you are probably not Following instructions…

There are essentially 4 symptoms and 4 fixes. The Clean Install is a general fix for general errors.

The other three Home App Won't Start, Can't install Content, & Image xxx.png are the 3 that are specific and require a specific fix.

Of course if you really follow the instructions to the letter and it doesn't work then you call Tech Support.

You are correct - It shouldn't be this hard!!! But it is and there are many who are trying hard to get that fixed.

If you did the clean install then you have No Roxio or Sonic left on your PC?

For giggles, would you confirm that and outline your symptoms for us?

Also there are 4 versions of 2009 - Creator 2009, Creator 2009 Ultimate, Creator 2009 Special Edition & WinOnCD 2009. Which one do you have?

Jim, my apologies for the apparent rant - just a sign of my intense frustration!

I have purchased Creator 2009 Ultimate.

I am a little unwilling to do a "clean" install - as you rightly say this wopuld leave me with no installation of Roxio and 1) it takes time to re-install Creator 10, 2) I had problems last time I re-installed Creator 10 and would not want it to fail if there were problems.

I belive I followed your suggested steps - downloading and running the file but getting a message on completion telling me that there was nothing to fix.

If it turns out that there is no straightforward solution to the problem then it seems I shall have to write off the money I've spent - there are better things to do in life than fiddle with software that should not be the way it is.

Steve

Steve: If you are unwilling to do the clean install then I do not see how you can expect any solution…

I do indeed understand your frustration and there have been things I decided to live with so I understand if you want to do that.

Steve: If you are unwilling to do the clean install then I do not see how you can expect any solution…

I do indeed understand your frustration and there have been things I decided to live with so I understand if you want to do that.

Jim, your help on this thread has been immensely useful.

However, knowing that EMC10 is currently working on my system does lead me towards leaving things as they are.

Better to have something that works than remove it to install something which I'm unsure of and then try to re-install the original which might not work second time around!

Shame that such a fantastic piece of software is such a hell to install.

I may return to the subject in time but until then I'll stick with what I know works.