Videowave -Text Editor - Getting error

malatekid

Question

14 answers to this question

I appreciate your help.

Repair install--how do you do it?

Thanks.

In the control panel, go to add/remove programs and look for Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. Click change and then you'll see a screen with 'Modify, Repair, Remove'....select Repair. You'll need your original disc to complete this. If there are any corrupted files, this will repair them.

In the control panel, go to add/remove programs and look for Roxio Easy Media Creator 8. Click change and then you'll see a screen with 'Modify, Repair, Remove'....select Repair. You'll need your original disc to complete this. If there are any corrupted files, this will repair them.

Paul, thank you for the suggestions.

Still getting the same error after doing the Repair. I hope Roxio people stops by and provide workaround to my issue. I am not able to create credits for the home video I am making. :)

Paul, thank you for the suggestions.

Still getting the same error after doing the Repair. I hope Roxio people stops by and provide workaround to my issue. I am not able to create credits for the home video I am making. :)

Sorry I couldn't do more. Are you having any other problems with the program other than this? If so, it might be related and easier to figure out.

Sorry I couldn't do more. Are you having any other problems with the program other than this? If so, it might be related and easier to figure out.

I have a video project and Videowave is the first module that I tried using as I took the video in 16:9 aspect ratio and would like to avail of the functionality in EMC8. I just opened the software box (EMC8 Suite) a couple of days ago.

I haven't tried any module yet (if that's what you mean by program). Can you suggest any other module that uses that Text Editor functionality like the one in Videowave.

Thanks.

Looks like your video drivers are out dated. Your screenshot says they are dated 10/8/2004.

Get updated drivers here

Since you have a DELL, these drivers may not install, but certainly wouldn't hurt to try. If these won't install, try Dell's website for newer drivers.

Gary,

Thank you for the lead. You guessed right, the Intel one does not install on the Dell PC. But I was able to get to the right page of Dell website. However, there appears to be a problem with downloading from the Dell server. I could not download the exe file. Here is the link. I hope it's not a problem from my end.

Many thanks.

Gary,

Thank you for the lead. You guessed right, the Intel one does not install on the Dell PC. But I was able to get to the right page of Dell website. However, there appears to be a problem with downloading from the Dell server. I could not download the exe file. Here is the link. I hope it's not a problem from my end.

Many thanks.

Gary,

That did it! The error does not appear anymore after installing the video chipset update.

Thanks a lot!!!!

Paul, thanks for the help along the way as well.

Have you updated your video card drivers and DirectX? Go to tools/options and see what your render is set to...hardware or software.

I'm getting the same error - whether in Software or Hardware mode.

Here are the snapshots of the info on DirectX and video card driver:

sysspec.jpg

pix-0005.jpg

Archived