Exchanged Creator 2009

JDMoose

Question

I recently purchased Roxio Creator 2009 from Costco that came with the USB capture device. I loaded the program and registered it. About a week later I ended up returning the program to Costco for an exchange, because they lowered the price and said it would be easier for them to give me a refund and for me to re-purchase the product at the lower price. Since I still have the original product with the original Key Code loaded on my PC will it cause any problems having a new Key Code number if I need to insert the disk for anything. Do I need to uninstall the old program and reinstall the new version to match up the Key Codes or can I just leave everything alone? :unsure:

6 answers to this question

I recently purchased Roxio Creator 2009 from Costco that came with the USB capture device. I loaded the program and registered it. About a week later I ended up returning the program to Costco for an exchange, because they lowered the price and said it would be easier for them to give me a refund and for me to re-purchase the product at the lower price. Since I still have the original product with the original Key Code loaded on my PC will it cause any problems having a new Key Code number if I need to insert the disk for anything. Do I need to uninstall the old program and reinstall the new version to match up the Key Codes or can I just leave everything alone? :unsure:

If the version, on your computer, is running properly, I sure the hell wouldn't mess with it!

Use your new disc, if you ever have to install the software again. You will have to enter the key code that came with it.

They are the same. No doubt about that. Like I said before, don't mess with what you have on your computer, already. To coin a phrase, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." :)

Thanks for the help. :rolleyes: I finally ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the "new" discs. I had to replace my motherboard, and all the programs except Roxio worked. I couldn't open up Vidoe Wave and a few others and received error codes.