• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

bulldog17

Still No Upgrade to Deluxe Suite

Question

According to the news release on Roxio's web site: "A software-only upgrade [to Deluxe Suite] for Roxio registered customers will be available via online download in April for $19.95."

Can anyone can supply a link to this upgrade?

And when the news releases refers to "software-only", does that mean the Dazzle DVC90 Video Capture Device is not included?

Bulldog

According to the news release on Roxio's web site: "A software-only upgrade [to Deluxe Suite] for Roxio registered customers will be available via online download in April for $19.95."

And when the news releases refers to "software-only", does that mean the Dazzle DVC90 Video Capture Device is not included?

Bulldog

If you can't find the link, it probably does not exist yet. I would think that "software only" means just that. I don't see it as an ambiguous statement. The Dazzle capture device is hardware. Damned tough to download. :)

If you can't find the link, it probably does not exist yet. I would think that "software only" means just that. I don't see it as an ambiguous statement. The Dazzle capture device is hardware. Damned tough to download. :)

Well then...seeing as it's the middle of April and no upgrade as promised...and $30 for the extra software features only is no bargain, anyway...and with the bitter taste of Roxio's last upgrade offer [7 to 7.5] still in my mouth...I think I'll take a pass on this 'upgrade'.

I'm happy enough with EMC 8 Suite -- Roxio's best, in my opinion -- so I can wait for Deluxe Suite to be discounted at the big boxes.

Bulldog

Well then...seeing as it's the middle of April and no upgrade as promised...and $30 for the extra software features only is no bargain, anyway...and with the bitter taste of Roxio's last upgrade offer [7 to 7.5] still in my mouth...I think I'll take a pass on this 'upgrade'.

I'm happy enough with EMC 8 Suite -- Roxio's best, in my opinion -- so I can wait for Deluxe Suite to be discounted at the big boxes.

Bulldog

If that works for you, go for it.

Bulldog

This is the link for that press release.

<snip>

According to my calender it's April 17 so Roxio still has 13 days to go.

Lance

Iam waiting for the software upgrade also!!! Where is it !

Were just fellow users like you on here, so, if you realy have to know, try the Customer Service link on the left of this page.

Iam waiting for the software upgrade also!!! Where is it !

Said ernst while tapping his foot. taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap. :) First post, huh? Just have some patience, Ernie.

i tryed it ,and this was the answer>>>>>

i asked a Clean and Clear question ,,,and got a Lame Answer!

This was my question,

"A software-only upgrade [to Deluxe Suite] for Roxio registered customers will be available via online download in April for $19.95." "where is it AT ?"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

this is your answer,

TICKET DETAILS:

Ticket #: 179738 Last Updated: 4/23/2006 6:59:44 PM

Problem: Roxann Assistance

rgonzales Thank you for Contacting Roxio Technical Support

To ask questions about specific products before purchasing, your best resource is our Inside Sales department.

They can answer questions concerning compatibility, functionality and features on any of our products.

They can also assist you with any questions regarding upgrades or any available upgrade pricing.

Inside Sales may also be contacted to order replacement installation CDs.

Inside Sales can be reached at 1-866-280-7694 Option 1 (US toll-free).

TO PLACE AN ORDER, you can do this through the Inside Sales department or go to the Roxio web site for more information on how to buy Roxio products:

http://www.roxio.com/en/products/howtobuy.jhtml

This link also includes information on retail stores that carry Roxio products, and questions concerning International Sales.

Regards,

Roxio Technical Support

http://support.roxio.com

Have you tried our online self-service tools? For instant support, please try one of the tools below:

Roxanne - http://roxio.com/en/support/nh/index.jhtml

Knowledgebase - http://search.roxio.com/

We are always looking for ways to improve so please click on the link below to complete our online support survey.

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/survey/gen_cust_sat_2.jhtml

Thank you for your comments and we appreciate the feedback

...Ticket Closed

04/23/2006 6:59 PM

WebTicket A software-only upgrade [to Deluxe Suite] for Roxio registered customers will be available via online download in April for $19.95." where is it AT ?

04/23/2006 6:29 PM

WebTicket User asked Roxann: where are the 19.95 upgrades for 8 to 8 delux?

Product Selected: SupportEasy8

04/23/2006 5:55 PM

Actually, you should not have considered all of the reply that you got as being lame, unless you read it incorrectly. Have you called the 1-800 number that they gave you for Inside Sales?

Edited by grandpabruce

<snip>

To ask questions about specific products before purchasing, your best resource is our Inside Sales department.

They can answer questions concerning compatibility, functionality and features on any of our products.

They can also assist you with any questions regarding upgrades or any available upgrade pricing.

Inside Sales may also be contacted to order replacement installation CDs.

Inside Sales can be reached at 1-866-280-7694 Option 1 (US toll-free).

<snip>

Give 'em a call:

You: "When's that upgrade from EMC8 to EMC8 Deluxe going to be available?"

Roxio: "It's available now sir."

OR

Roxio: "Sorry sir, that upgrade won't be available until X."

Inside sales is great. I use them for company stuff all the time and occasionally can get answers to what are really tech support questions.

Lance

Give 'em a call:

You: "When's that upgrade from EMC8 to EMC8 Deluxe going to be available?"

Roxio: "It's available now sir."

OR

Roxio: "Sorry sir, that upgrade won't be available until X."

Inside sales is great. I use them for company stuff all the time and occasionally can get answers to what are really tech support questions.

Lance

This is exactly what I need (the EMC 8 is limited in audio track fading control--in videowave).

I just called and the release for this has been delayed for some reason. However, they told me that they're shooting for Early May. So check your emails carefully next week.

Update to this post: here looks like a low, low price of $20 (not confirmed).

This is exactly what I need (the EMC 8 is limited in audio track fading control--in videowave).

I just called and the release for this has been delayed for some reason. However, they told me that they're shooting for Early May. So check your emails carefully next week.

Deluxe upgrade offer.....

Still waiting........

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

Any news on this?

My project is on hold :)

Deluxe upgrade offer.....

Still waiting........

tick

tick

tick

tick

tick

Any news on this?

My project is on hold :)

I haven't heard anything, but you, I, and the folks on these forums will hear about it at the same time.

I haven't heard anything, but you, I, and the folks on these forums will hear about it at the same time.

Already the 3rd week of May but still haven't heard anything about the software-only upgrade. :)

"... A software-only upgrade for Roxio registered customers will be available via online download in April for $19.95." - quoted from a Roxio Press release, 3/30/2006

Already the 3rd week of May but still haven't heard anything about the software-only upgrade. :)

"... A software-only upgrade for Roxio registered customers will be available via online download in April for $19.95." - quoted from a Roxio Press release, 3/30/2006

Hopefully, one of the Roxio reps will peruse this thread and offer some information on when it will be available.

Hopefully, one of the Roxio reps will peruse this thread and offer some information on when it will be available.

It's end of May and no words yet on this software-only upgrade <sigh> ... :)

Why would they announce this upgrade offer if they were not ready to release it?? Every time I have called customer service/sales regarding this I have been told something different each time :)

Looks like I have to load up the 7.5 so I can complete my project---as 8 will not do.

There were some complications with the release that caused an unexpected delay. I know its not the answer you wanted to hear, but I thought letting you know where we stand was the best option for now.

This is the the catch 22 problem with release dates. If you give an open ended date, the customers get mad. If you give a specific date and then have to change it (it almost always happens) then customers get mad.

P.S. Thanks for your patience with this matter. We'll get through this together.

Edited by frenchtoastwithjam

There were some complications with the release that caused an unexpected delay. I know its not the answer you wanted to hear, but I thought letting you know where we stand was the best option for now.

This is the the catch 22 problem with release dates. If you give an open ended date, the customers get mad. If you give a specific date and then have to change it (it almost always happens) then customers get mad.

P.S. Thanks for your patience with this matter. We'll get through this together.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the update. I think this is the main point. It's not really a problem that the upgrade hasn't come out yet as much as it is that we hadn't seen any communication on what was going on. So again, thanks for updating us!!! It is much appreciated. Just my 2 cents anyway. So... when.... Just kidding :)

Brian Palmer

Any new news yet on the upgrade offer?

I just may go and purchase the EMC8 Deluxe so I don't have to uninstall 8 and reinstall 7.5

Just thought I'd ask.....just in case tomorrow is the lucky day that the upgrade will be available :)

Any good news yet on this matter?