bulldog17

Still No Upgrade to Deluxe Suite

Question

According to the news release on Roxio's web site: "A software-only upgrade [to Deluxe Suite] for Roxio registered customers will be available via online download in April for $19.95."

Can anyone can supply a link to this upgrade?

And when the news releases refers to "software-only", does that mean the Dazzle DVC90 Video Capture Device is not included?

Bulldog

Just how long does it take to work this out? EMC8 Deluxe already exists--so it's not like they are coming out with something entirely new.... :)

What's really up?

Yes, actually it is something new. It is an installer that adds the things that don't come in the version you already have. There are also some licensing differences (behind the scenes stuff) that are different in the different versions.

Is there any sort of update on how close we are on this being released?

Brian Palmer

Yes, actually it is something new. It is an installer that adds the things that don't come in the version you already have. There are also some licensing differences (behind the scenes stuff) that are different in the different versions.

Is there any sort of update on how close we are on this being released?

Brian Palmer

<removed>

Nice pat, now they are going to kick your butt if it is even an hour late :).

Any news on this?

We'd really like to use some of the overlay stuff from deluxe, but cant do so using the 8.0 we purchased.

Please let us know how we can upgrade from 8.0 to 8.0 deluxe.

Thanks

Nice pat, now they are going to kick your butt if it is even an hour late :).

I'm patient. I can wait an hour or two... :huh:

Edited by bcpalmer

I'm patient. I can wait an hour or two... :D

Depends if we are talking about a microsoft minute (days to weeks) or a south African minute... (they say Now Now that means it could be now or next week)

or Pats minite? I'm not going to say anything on that :huh::)

It's now July and I'm just now learning about this upgrade. (I've just been wondering why features I had in 7.5 are no longer available, apparently they are in the Deluxe edition!)

So Have I missed out on the upgrade altogether? I've emailed sales@roxio three times and have yet to receive a reply. If the upgrade of 19.95 is still available, how do I get it? (I've had EMC 7, EMC 7.5 and now EMC 8 Suite.

It's now July and I'm just now learning about this upgrade. (I've just been wondering why features I had in 7.5 are no longer available, apparently they are in the Deluxe edition!)

So Have I missed out on the upgrade altogether? I've emailed sales@roxio three times and have yet to receive a reply. If the upgrade of 19.95 is still available, how do I get it? (I've had EMC 7, EMC 7.5 and now EMC 8 Suite.

Evidently, the upgrde to the DeLuxe version, for $19.95, is not available yet.

Evidently, the upgrde to the DeLuxe version, for $19.95, is not available yet.

April, May, June, July ... and counting... :)

I know patatrox responded July 5th (and subsequently removed the comment about the upgrade being available 2 to 3 days that time). The suspense is killing me...any hope for the upgrade soon? :huh:

Well, that was an ugly realization that the one or two things I bought a $80 program for last week won't work unless I buy the same program again for $100. All I want to do is create an unlinked button and access the button settings. So, it's four months on...any news?

Well, that was an ugly realization that the one or two things I bought a $80 program for last week won't work unless I buy the same program again for $100. All I want to do is create an unlinked button and access the button settings. So, it's four months on...any news?

Check the Roxio home page.

Well, what am I supposed to be checking for? Seriously...is the only way to add buttons to purchase the ENTIRE deluxe suite?

Well, what am I supposed to be checking for? Seriously...is the only way to add buttons to purchase the ENTIRE deluxe suite?

Sorry, you posted on the thread about Upgrade to Deluxe, got it all wrong.

Anyway, why dont you start a new thread and explain in detail what you would like to do with these buttons you dont have.

More info!!!!

Yeah, thanks, but no need now. Support just told me that to add a button or to change the animation of buttons I'd have to buy the Deluxe Suite, so screw it.

I'm pissed off beyond all belief here, because this is flat out WRONG. Nothing on the box I can see indicates that a bunch of functions are greyed out and unusable. In fact, the words "fully customizable" are there a couple of times. So I bought the program and simply got screwed because Best Buy won't take it back opened, but you don't know until you open that it doesn't do what the box promised.

At least they promised an upgrade, right? Right?

So I'm done.

I am burnt out too...........I have got a product I paid full retail Over $150.00, and it took me 3 days to finally find out the email confirmation they send out to activate my account was returned cause they don't like my IP. Finally after 2 calls to support they told me to use another email client. Finally I got in. (the forums also has a problem recognizing certain internet providers). Have all the requirements for the Deluxe Version 8 but a glitch about my dvd drive that prevents writing to the DVD media. Im not new to computers, and I know its just a matter of finding the right fix. Thinking a update of the store version that is on the shelf for 8 months is just a matter of a click on a download page.........as is universally the norm in any site I have ever purchased software from. I have paid for Version 8 and then some.........why can'y I get a more recent release of the software. Now I come to the forums to find out what I can......since tech support is staffed with over worked and underpaid help.........I see chaos. Is there any one that knows the answer????

They at least could of sold you a paddle...........cause it seems we are all up a creek.

ARGGGGGGHHHHHH.

Ok I vented...........Whats the deal??

I am burnt out too...........I have got a product I paid full retail Over $150.00, and it took me 3 days to finally find out the email confirmation they send out to activate my account was returned cause they don't like my IP. Finally after 2 calls to support they told me to use another email client. Finally I got in. (the forums also has a problem recognizing certain internet providers). Have all the requirements for the Deluxe Version 8 but a glitch about my dvd drive that prevents writing to the DVD media. Im not new to computers, and I know its just a matter of finding the right fix. Thinking a update of the store version that is on the shelf for 8 months is just a matter of a click on a download page.........as is universally the norm in any site I have ever purchased software from. I have paid for Version 8 and then some.........why can'y I get a more recent release of the software. Now I come to the forums to find out what I can......since tech support is staffed with over worked and underpaid help.........I see chaos. Is there any one that knows the answer????

They at least could of sold you a paddle...........cause it seems we are all up a creek.

ARGGGGGGHHHHHH.

Ok I vented...........Whats the deal??

how is this related to the original post that started the thread? if you have a different issue, it would probably best to start a new thread that's specific for the issu you encountered... also, if it's "a glitch about my dvd drive that prevents writing to the DVD media" as you said, shouldn't you fix your DVD drive first?