• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Music Cd Project Problem (roxio 5)

roxio5

Hello,

I have Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum (ver 5.3.5.10)

My issue is that whenever I try to launch the music CD project, it instantly crashes... the error message that I'm getting when the crash occurs is:

The instruction at "0x10007902" referenced memory at "0x015473b4". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program

I've had this problem for quite some time and I'm stumped as to how to fix it. My system is Win XP Home SP3

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated... Thanks in advance!

Hello,

It might be interaction with SP3, especially if your SP3 installation updated Internet Exploder or Windows Media Player.

Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum works sweetly with XP-SP2 and Internet Explorer 6, but I.E.7 and later versions of WMP are known to kill or maim Easy CD Creator, and even some of the lower versions of Easy Media Creator.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks Brendon,

Would you suggest that I downgrade to I.E. 6 and Win XP-SP2? Because you are correct, Roxio ECDC 5 Platinum worked excellently before the upgrades to IE7 and SP3... because after I uninstalled all other music player software from my PC, Windows suddenly decided that all of my media drives no longer exist on my computer. The drivers are still intact but there seems to be no connection to the hardware for my CD-ROM and DVD-ROM drives... what now?

You have two issues:

(1) Go back to XP-SP2 and IE6? I'm afraid that's a value judgement you have to make, probably depending on how much work would be involved. Do IE7 and SP3 have anything you need or want, that is worth losing ECDC 5 ?? A reinstall of XP-SP2 would probably run better and faster than SP3.

Personally I have shied away from both SP3 and IE7 because I think they break more things than they fix, and that SP3 is just a sneaky way of ramping up DRM - Digital Rights Management - in XP to the same level as it is in Vista. IE7 has tabbed browsing [nice] but Firefox does it all a lot better.

(2) Windows has lost your optical drives? This is probably a filter issue.

Optical drive software usually installs 'filters' in the system registry, and these sit between the system and the drive. I have four different filters showing in one of my machines, from various software.

Quite frequently, installing or uininstalling software will break this filter 'chain' instead of just changing one entry, and then Windows looses the drives.

Microsoft has a fix to recover from this error, here. It looks complex, but just take it carefully step by step.

Regards,

Brendon

Hello,

It might be interaction with SP3, especially if your SP3 installation updated Internet Exploder or Windows Media Player.

Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum works sweetly with XP-SP2 and Internet Explorer 6, but I.E.7 and later versions of WMP are known to kill or maim Easy CD Creator, and even some of the lower versions of Easy Media Creator.

Regards,

Brendon

I can no longer get my Version 5 to work, originally because of cd driver incompatibility which crashed the machine....registry deletions and some updates have fixed that, but the label creator can't access the internet to get disc information from Gracenote, and I can't burn, only rip. I want 2 things from my software...1: to be able to burn and rip copyrighted material, which Roxio 5 does and to be able to automatically insert the disc information to a label, which Roxio 5 also does. Since I can't do either anymore with Version 5, and can't seem to resolve either or both...is there any software out there...Roxio or otherwise that does both? Can you uninstall SP3 on Windows and just keep SP2 so Roxio will work?

I can no longer get my Version 5 to work, originally because of cd driver incompatibility which crashed the machine....registry deletions and some updates have fixed that, but the label creator can't access the internet to get disc information from Gracenote, and I can't burn, only rip. I want 2 things from my software...1: to be able to burn and rip copyrighted material, which Roxio 5 does and to be able to automatically insert the disc information to a label, which Roxio 5 also does. Since I can't do either anymore with Version 5, and can't seem to resolve either or both...is there any software out there...Roxio or otherwise that does both? Can you uninstall SP3 on Windows and just keep SP2 so Roxio will work?

Can you uninstall SP3 on Windows and just keep SP2 so Roxio will work?

You'd probably need to format C: and reinstall XP - up to SP2 should be safe, but no further - then reinstall ECDC 5 according to the post pinned to the top of the forum.

That would work, but only if you're prepared to go through that process.

You'd probably need to format C: and reinstall XP - up to SP2 should be safe, but no further - then reinstall ECDC 5 according to the post pinned to the top of the forum.

That would work, but only if you're prepared to go through that process.

thanks for the advice...no, I wouldn't re-format. I've looked for other software that reaches out to the Internet to insert track information like Roxio 5 goes to Gracenote, but I can't seem to find anything other than software that requires you to type in the track names manually...This is one reason I am trying so hard to keep Roxio 5....I have Roxio 9, which doesn't go out to the Internet either. I would think this would be a feature that everyone would want....I guess I must be missing something...anyway, do you know of any brand of software which automatically downloads the track names like Roxio 5?

thanks for the advice...no, I wouldn't re-format. I've looked for other software that reaches out to the Internet to insert track information like Roxio 5 goes to Gracenote, but I can't seem to find anything other than software that requires you to type in the track names manually...This is one reason I am trying so hard to keep Roxio 5....I have Roxio 9, which doesn't go out to the Internet either. I would think this would be a feature that everyone would want....I guess I must be missing something...anyway, do you know of any brand of software which automatically downloads the track names like Roxio 5?

All versions of EMC from at least 5 on (6, 7.5,8,9,10 & C2009) go to the internet to find track information. They all use the Gracenote CDDB database