• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Music Disc Creator Help!

ronins

Question

Hello there,my name is jim and i am new in forum.I have a problem using roxio easy media creator 10.

My problem is the following:

I am using roxio music disc creator to burn audio cd using transition and fade.

Today i saw the option to burn mp3/wma disc but it hasn't transition and fade option.

The only way i found to add fade in the tracks is editing every track manually...Is there any other way to burn my tracks in mp3/wma audio with transition option?

3 answers to this question

HMM SO I must manually modify each song ?

In the near future will be this option or its difficult?

I wouldn't expect it to be an option. As was said, an Audio CD and a .WMA/.MP3 disc are completely different.

An Audio CD has uncompressed tracks (not files) and will play on a standard CD player. If the transitions are used, the tracks are actually mixed together when they are written to the CD, so when you get to the end of one track, the beginning of the next track is actually mixed in with it, and the songs play from track 1 through to track n (though you can obviously skip around if you want). And you're limited to about 80 minutes of music.

An MP3 CD is basically just a Data CD full of .MP3 files and a playlist, which indicates the desired order of playback. That playlist file is not necessarily used by all players, and on your computer, you could simply ignore it and tell the player you're using to play the files in a different order. In that case you don't want the songs "mixed". So, since the playback order is not "guaranteed" on an MP3 disc, those options really don't make much sense.

Hopefully this clarifies the distinction between the two types of discs and why transitions aren't available on an MP3 CD.