Analog Capture Issues

Dave N

Question

I'm running XP SP2 with 2ghz processor and 2GB ram, using Roxio USB capture device hooked up to a VHS player.

Video playback looks fine, but when I initiate capture, vidoe becomes jerky and audio is choppy.

Tried defrag and reduced hardware acceleration. Changed RCA cables as well. ANy thoughts?

4 answers to this question

I'm running XP SP2 with 2ghz processor and 2GB ram, using Roxio USB capture device hooked up to a VHS player.

Video playback looks fine, but when I initiate capture, vidoe becomes jerky and audio is choppy.

Tried defrag and reduced hardware acceleration. Changed RCA cables as well. ANy thoughts?

Disabled Firewall, disconnected from internet and shut down other applications?

I'm having the same issue with the Roxio USB Video Capture. XP SP2, P4 2.4ghz, 512 RAM, ATI AIW 9600 graphics. Defraged drive and has 180 GB free. Using Composite for video. The preview screen in Creator 2009 looks fine until I start capturing, then gets jittery. When I played it back (I only tried capturing about 2 minutes as a test), the video / audio looked fine for about 10 seconds, then the audio slowed down while the video continued at normal speed. Finally the audio just crapped out with the video continuing. Any ideas? - I've tried what's been recommended here.

I'm currently building an intel quad core system with 4gb RAM, so will be interesting to see if that makes a difference, but there's some video I'm trying to do before I have time to finish the new system.

Thanks