• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio Creator 2009 Special Edition Locks Up

oboy

Question

After clicking on the icon for starting 2009 special edition up pops a screen that locks up when it gets right to the end where it appears to be getting something from the internet. Where my cursor is I get a little spinning wheel symbol that just keeps spining until I shut down windows user (same as when other programs are loading and accessing internet). I have tried a clean intall per other posts and still get the same result. My desktop is running vista ulimate with norton 360 2.0 with all updates and with no problems on any other programs including video card tests and cpu tests. Hardware is A7N8X-E with AMD 3200 2gb DDR, with no problems running any programs. What is going on? Please help, I like this computer and do not want to change computers only because of this one program not starting up.

7 answers to this question

Norton 360 has been known to cause problems - try disabling that and see if it helps (it could be 'firewalling' the program)

You could also try running up the menu (aka the home app) and go to tools - uncheck anything there which suggests an internet connection (basically the first four boxes)

See if that helps

Norton 360 has been known to cause problems - try disabling that and see if it helps (it could be 'firewalling' the program)

You could also try running up the menu (aka the home app) and go to tools - uncheck anything there which suggests an internet connection (basically the first four boxes)

See if that helps

I called norton, they completly removed all norton apps and still Creator will not complete loading. I uninslled again, and reinstalled again for the third time, same problem. When Creator gets to the last screen loading up Roxio Creator 2009 special edition and there is a bar to the right and down below for internet access, it locks up. The only way to unlock is go to task manager and shut down Creator. I've allways liked Roxio, but this is so trying. Any other ideas?

I did clean install instructions for the second time. When I tried to install now I get "must install media player 10 before installing content". I appreciate your help. What now should I do? And yes before when I got the original error I did update 1, program would lock anyway i started it from start menue or from desktop icon.

Did you apply the Creator 2009 SP1 update?

Can you start any of the programs through the Start Menu?

post-39730-1227612889.jpg

I did clean install instructions for the second time. When I tried to install now I get "must install media player 10 before installing content". I appreciate your help. What now should I do? And yes before when I got the original error I did update 1, program would lock anyway i started it from start menue or from desktop icon.

Did you apply the Creator 2009 SP1 update?

Can you start any of the programs through the Start Menu?

post-39730-1227612889.jpg

I am experiencing the same thing. When the main application window opens both the program and my PC lock up. The hot fix patch didn't help - I got a message reading 'valid installation' and 'no clean up' needed. I am able to open the individual applications through Start/All Programs. Any suggestions? Thank you.