• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Name When Creating A Dvd From Video_ts Folder

ion

Question

We have a large collection of home videos on DVDs and i archived them on usb drives.

If i try to record them as DVD Video from VIDEO_TS folder then it will play but i can't set a disc name and all of my discs will have "DVD_VIDEO" as the name. Is there a way to set disc name for these projects?

3 answers to this question

I just realized that my regular DVD player plays the DVD if i write the VIDEO_TS folder as UDF Data Disc.

Is it the same as writing the disc as "Video - from VIDEO_TS folder" in Toast? May i have any compatibility problems later in other players?

I just realized that my regular DVD player plays the DVD if i write the VIDEO_TS folder as UDF Data Disc.

Is it the same as writing the disc as "Video - from VIDEO_TS folder" in Toast? May i have any compatibility problems later in other players?

I responded in your post in the Popcorn forum that Toast should use the name of the folder that contains the VIDEO_TS folder.

As long as you don't want to use any of the compression or selection options that are available in the VIDEO_TS setting in the Video window, there is no difference using the UDF setting in the Data window. That's an easy way to name the disc. You only need to add the VIDEO_TS folder because Toast automatically adds an empty AUDIO_TS folder when you click the burn button.