Audio File will not play in Slideshow

sneubert1

Question

Hello:

I made a slideshow using Slideshow Assistant. I added photos and an audio. However, when I preview it and when I burn it, the audio does not play. Everything else (photos, transitions, etc.) are fine.

The audio is a MP3 file and plays fine in Windows Media Player.

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Lisa

6 answers to this question

Actually I don't know if you are doing anything wrong, I have not tried slideshow asst. myself, try doing a test with Videowave and see if you have better luck. I know quite a few people have been having various problems when using slideshow asst. Videowave is a more flexible place to make your slideshow. Try a short test and see if you have a different result.

Actually I don't know if you are doing anything wrong, I have not tried slideshow asst. myself, try doing a test with Videowave and see if you have better luck. I know quite a few people have been having various problems when using slideshow asst. Videowave is a more flexible place to make your slideshow. Try a short test and see if you have a different result.

Thank you Patty. I tried Videowave and for some reason, the MP3 file will not play when I attach it as an audio file to my slideshow. It's a good file because I can play it via Media Player so I know it works. Thank you again for the help, Lisa

Where did this file come from. Did you download it off the internet?

[/quote

Hi - the audio file came from a music CD that I installed. I used the Roxio Convert CD program. It was saved to my HD as a MP3 and I can play it via Media Player, but will not play when I add it as an audio track in a slideshow. Thanks, Lisa

Try this, I'm not sure it will do anything but it might. Open Sound Editor, add that mp3 file, and then export the clip as a wav file. That might make the clip compatible with this program; although it should already be compatible. If it will not open in Sound Editor, there is something in that mp3 that EMC 8 doesn't like. You could use another program to convert it to a wav file (WMP, GoldWave, Audacity.) if Sound Editor doesn't work. Let us know if this does anything.

Also, just checking. You did not add that audio to an internal track did you?

Hello:

I made a slideshow using Slideshow Assistant. I added photos and an audio. However, when I preview it and when I burn it, the audio does not play. Everything else (photos, transitions, etc.) are fine.

The audio is a MP3 file and plays fine in Windows Media Player.

Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

Lisa

Try this, I'm not sure it will do anything but it might. Open Sound Editor, add that mp3 file, and then export the clip as a wav file. That might make the clip compatible with this program; although it should already be compatible. If it will not open in Sound Editor, there is something in that mp3 that EMC 8 doesn't like. You could use another program to convert it to a wav file (WMP, GoldWave, Audacity.) if Sound Editor doesn't work. Let us know if this does anything.

Also, just checking. You did not add that audio to an internal track did you?

You are a lifesaver - THANK YOU. I exported the file in Sound Editor to a wav. file and PRESTO - IT WORKED. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Archived