Track Names Aren't Written

Brent13

Question

I choose Audio CD; drag files (from either Finder or iTunes). I add title and artist from within Toast8. But when I burn the Audio CD, the only thing that appears (whether files came from Finder or iTunes) is "Track 1," etc.

I see, in Toast8, Disc Information, that there is no way to change the name of TRACK 1, 2, etc. I thought I was naming Track 1, but it turns out to be CD-Text, rather than Track Name.

I'm sure there an easy way to change the track name, but I can't see how.

3 answers to this question

NOTHING CORRECTS THIS SOFTWARE GLITCH! I am now on my 5th re-install, including 3 clean installs. In 2 weeks, I have spent over 8 hours trying to second guess Toast 8, and nothing corrects the issue. I have even clean-installed the original disks with 8.0.

I tried downloading and installing Text to CD as suggested by another user.

No matter how the tracks appear as named in the Toast window, they only appear as "1 Audio Track.aiff","2 Audio Track.aiff", etc. No matter what I name the disk in Toast, it still burns with the title "Audio CD."

I do not have these issues using a burn folder in the finder.

IS ROXIO EVEN AWARE OF THIS GLITCH? HOW CAN I GET TOAST 8 TO BURN THE DISK NAME AND TRACK NAMES THAT I SPECIFY IN THE TOAST WINDOW???

NOTHING CORRECTS THIS SOFTWARE GLITCH! I am now on my 5th re-install, including 3 clean installs. In 2 weeks, I have spent over 8 hours trying to second guess Toast 8, and nothing corrects the issue. I have even clean-installed the original disks with 8.0.

I tried downloading and installing Text to CD as suggested by another user.

No matter how the tracks appear as named in the Toast window, they only appear as "1 Audio Track.aiff","2 Audio Track.aiff", etc. No matter what I name the disk in Toast, it still burns with the title "Audio CD."

I do not have these issues using a burn folder in the finder.

IS ROXIO EVEN AWARE OF THIS GLITCH? HOW CAN I GET TOAST 8 TO BURN THE DISK NAME AND TRACK NAMES THAT I SPECIFY IN THE TOAST WINDOW???

I've provided instruction in your other post on this topic. It is not a software glitch. Apple does not let third parties such as Roxio modify the cdinfo database file on your Mac. The only way that file can be modified is through iTunes or through an online CDDB download. If you burn audio CDs using iTunes then the cdinfo database gets automatically updated with the info, but Toast isn't allowed to do that.

Toast writes CD Text which you can transfer to iTunes using the CD Text to cdinfo applescript from dougscripts.com Once the info gets transferred into iTunes it will appear every time you re-insert the audio CD in that Mac.

You can see the CD Text info written by Toast by inserting the audio CD, opening Toast and choosing Disc Info from the Recorder menu.

Toast burns the artist/album/track info as CD Text to Audio CDs. Computers don't read CD Text, however. It is only read by higher-end home and car CD players that support CD Text info.

The first time an audio CD is inserted your Mac gets its track info either from the online CDDB if there is a match for an audio CD with the same number and length of tracks, or from manually entering it in iTunes. It is then written to the Mac's cdinfo database file on the hard drive.

There is an easy solution to this. Go to dougscripts.com and download CD Text to CD Info which is an Applescript that automatically reads the CD Text info burned to the disc by Toast and adds it in iTunes where it is automatically written to the cdinfo database file.

Archived