No Menus?

what_a_pickle

Question

5 answers to this question

When I copy a DVD in Toast 7 I get an exact copy. Doing the same in Popcorn2 gives no menus ... just the "movies". Why?

Ta!

You must have used one of the options to select specific titles from the DVD. An entire disc copy will keep the menus. The following is from Popcorn Help:

"By choosing Main or Custom, the copied disc will not have

a menu, but should play the first video on the disc automatically

when inserted into the DVD player. If the disc has more than one

video, each video should play automatically. You may be able to

use the Title menu in your DVD player to select a video."

Popcorn 2 now has the ability to copy all video but main audio only and preserve menus. This keeps the menus, but saves space by dropping audio - so you have less compression and better video quality.

I should have read this thread before hitting the complete order button.

Anyway, I did un-select non-English audio track, but it still gave me 'Menus: No'.

On the other hand, I wish the Popcorn team can come up with the ability to drop a couple video selection and at the same time keeping the menus in future 2.x updates.

By default, when copying to a DVD, Popcorn 2 does a full disc copy like Toast 7.

This includes menus.

By default, when copying to an iPod or PSP, Popcorn 2 copies the main movies only.

This doens't include menus - since they can't be displayed on a these players.

When you click Options, you can choose from several pre-sets for Video and Audio.

Video - All - copies the entire disc, including menus

Video - Main - copies the main movies only, no menus

[Toast 7 and Popcorn 1 would do this... but only copy the single main movie... so episodic content would be dropped... Popcorn 2 copies all main movie(s)]

Video - Custom - copies what you select only - this is only available in Popcorn 2

Audio - All - copies all audio

Audio - Main - copies only main audio

Popcorn 2 now has the ability to copy all video but main audio only and preserve menus. This keeps the menus, but saves space by dropping audio - so you have less compression and better video quality. This is not an option in Toast 7 or Popcorn 1.

To keep menus in Toast 7 or Popcorn 1, you have to keep ALL audio.

To keep menus in Toast 7 or Popcorn 1, you have to keep ALL audio.

That's it then; I opted for just "English" in the options in an attempt to sve space and therefore decrease compression.

Nevermind; 20% still comes out as excellent in the erm ... "little box that tells you 20% is still excellent"!

Thanks for the info

Archived