• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave Crashes During Render

salamundo

Question

I'm about to blow my brains out. I'm trying to put together a simple DVD video which is made up of some video clips from my DV camera and a few photos sprinkled in. A sound track of 3 songs is added. The whole thing is 46 panels and 15 minutes. When I go to Export the production to an MPEG-2 file, it renders along until it gets 75% through, then stops. Clicking cancel crashes the program; I need to go to Task Manager to close it. I tried deleteing the photo at the point it crashes, replacing the music file, deleteing the music file- all sorts of things. I tried exporting to a differnt format. Nothing works. This is after "clicking on egg shells" since this project is taking way too long since the program is always crashing. I can't believe my hardware is insufficient but perhaps it is. Any ideas?

10 answers to this question

I'm about to blow my brains out. I'm trying to put together a simple DVD video which is made up of some video clips from my DV camera and a few photos sprinkled in. A sound track of 3 songs is added. The whole thing is 46 panels and 15 minutes. When I go to Export the production to an MPEG-2 file, it renders along until it gets 75% through, then stops. Clicking cancel crashes the program; I need to go to Task Manager to close it. I tried deleteing the photo at the point it crashes, replacing the music file, deleteing the music file- all sorts of things. I tried exporting to a differnt format. Nothing works. This is after "clicking on egg shells" since this project is taking way too long since the program is always crashing. I can't believe my hardware is insufficient but perhaps it is. Any ideas?

We can't tell if your hardware is sufficient until you list your system specs.

In the meantime goto File/Tools/Options and set the rendering method to Software if currently set on hardware

Your computer is fine, but why are you exporting it to an mpeg file? Why don't you save the production, in VideoWave, then open MyDVD, bring in that .dmsm file that you just saved, and burn it to a DVD or image file?

The image file would then be burned, to a DVD, using Video Copy and Convert.

We can't tell if your hardware is sufficient until you list your system specs.

In the meantime goto File/Tools/Options and set the rendering method to Software if currently set on hardware

Hi. Thanks for your reply. Is there more specs I should list in my signature? I wasn't sure what to include.

Your computer is fine, but why are you exporting it to an mpeg file? Why don't you save the production, in VideoWave, then open MyDVD, bring in that .dmsm file that you just saved, and burn it to a DVD or image file?

The image file would then be burned, to a DVD, using Video Copy and Convert.

Thanks for your response. I also want to have an mpg version, but was thrilled to try your idea since I need to have at least a DVD by Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I got a Visual C++ Runtime Error! on Videowave (R6025-pure virtual function call) :(

That I'm having this specific issue is just the tip of the iceberg. As I originally posted, "clicking on egg shells" is the best way to describe working in this piece of software. It hangs all the time and the only way out is to go to task manager. I even wanted to see if I waited long enough, would the program respond. Six hours didn't do it!

By the way, all my drivers are up to date. The latest Roxio patch has been applied and I even did a CLEAN install. (It took over about an hour)

When I had my old computer and was having stability problems with version 8, I blamed my PC. Now with this monster, I was excited about the latest Roxio version, but am having similar issues. I'm so frustrated.

Thanks for all you do for this board.

Thanks for your response. I also want to have an mpg version, but was thrilled to try your idea since I need to have at least a DVD by Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, I got a Visual C++ Runtime Error! on Videowave (R6025-pure virtual function call) :(

That I'm having this specific issue is just the tip of the iceberg. As I originally posted, "clicking on egg shells" is the best way to describe working in this piece of software. It hangs all the time and the only way out is to go to task manager. I even wanted to see if I waited long enough, would the program respond. Six hours didn't do it!

By the way, all my drivers are up to date. The latest Roxio patch has been applied and I even did a CLEAN install. (It took over about an hour)

When I had my old computer and was having stability problems with version 8, I blamed my PC. Now with this monster, I was excited about the latest Roxio version, but am having similar issues. I'm so frustrated.

Thanks for all you do for this board.

Did you try what I suggested about rendering in softwareor hardware mode?

Until you get a "clean" mpeg, you might as well stick with Videowave since it gives a "better" indication of where your problem occurs.

At this point I would make a copy of your dmsm project file and work with it.

I would try to debug in the following manner:

1-remove all audio and output to mpeg

2-if it still fails, remove transition, effects, etc

3-then remove video clips and or photo in sequence from the end of your project.

I would think at some point you should get a good mpeg. This would then indicate that there is something wrong with the last component you deleted from your project

Did you try what I suggested about rendering in softwareor hardware mode?

Until you get a "clean" mpeg, you might as well stick with Videowave since it gives a "better" indication of where your problem occurs.

At this point I would make a copy of your dmsm project file and work with it.

I would try to debug in the following manner:

1-remove all audio and output to mpeg

2-if it still fails, remove transition, effects, etc

3-then remove video clips and or photo in sequence from the end of your project.

I would think at some point you should get a good mpeg. This would then indicate that there is something wrong with the last component you deleted from your project

Yes, I tried software mode with no change. I'm sure you are right about the mpeg not being "clean". When I play through the production in Videowave, and this doesn't happen all the time, the music stops at the same point the rendering had stopped. The video continues with no problem. I changed the audio clip- actually went from an mp3 to a wmf and the same thing happened. So I deleted the picture and transition at that point (happened to be a pic in that frame). No difference. BTW, I'm only using simple dissolves.

I can't help but think it is related somehow to the instability issues I'm having. For example, just going from Storyline to Timeline causes a crash. :angry: