• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Encoding error

pamelajhall

Question

I am trying to burn a videowave slideshow to DVD. It contains photos and quicktime movies with transitions and background audio. It gets all the way to the end and I get an error message 8007000e while it is encoding the menu. I think they should get the bugs out of these products before they sell them, not after. I also do not find it easy to use. I have made numerous slideshows only to have it lock up in the preview mode and I have to manuallly turn off my computer. Ctrl/alt/delete does not work. I would appreciate any info.

3 answers to this question

Yes, some people have problems with the program. Most of these (not all) can be traced to other programs on the computer, the computer not adequate for the job or outdated drivers for the video card, sound card, or the burner.

All in all, there have been very few true bugs found. A bug is where the same problem exists for everyone (or almost everyone) and can be reproduced by the Roxio technical staff.

1) Do you have other video processing or audio processing programs on your computer? Early versions of Itunes or Napster have been known to create problems. I doubt that you have more than one packet writing programs like drag to disc on your computer or you would have more problems.

2) Please post your computer specs. See my signature or others to see what is important to provide. It sound like the CPU is being heavily loaded. Make sure you have no other programs running when you are doing video processing.

3) Please update the drivers for the equipment listed above. It could be that your burner needs new firmware. If you have a Dell, HP etc, list the model number and we'll help you see if there are any updates.

4) When you are doing any Video work, it is almost mandatory to be disconnected from the internet, be free of mal-ware, have a fully defragged hard drive with lots of space, have your anti-virus tuned off , have both your computer and video card set to best performance.

If you are in VideoWave, please open task manager and watch it as you work. Let us know what process is taking all the CPU time. If the CPU pegs at close to 100% for any length of time, the computer will act as if it were frozen and necessitates a hard shutdown. My guess is that the proxy manager is working away while you are trying to do something else. This will hang the program. Just wait until it finishes. It could be several minutes. If you are dragging the images and video to the working area, this seems to happen more to some people..

If you still have that project saved, use VideoWave and output it to a mpg2.. best quality for DVD (icon that looks like a film reel). Rendering will stop if there is a problem with the project. That could be a bad image, a bad, .mov file, bad music file , bad, transition, bad timing, etc. Note the time that the rendering stops and go back to see what is going on at that time. You may be able to fix the production.

When you are burning your project to a disc in MyDVD, make sure you use the option to create an iso file only. When the file is completed, Copy that iso file to your disc. This separates the rendering and the burning into two steps so that the computer is not trying to do two things at once. Most people have a better success rate using that procedure.

Let us know the answers to the questions and how you are making out with your project.

I am trying to burn a videowave slideshow to DVD. It contains photos and quicktime movies with transitions and background audio. It gets all the way to the end and I get an error message 8007000e while it is encoding the menu. I think they should get the bugs out of these products before they sell them, not after. I also do not find it easy to use. I have made numerous slideshows only to have it lock up in the preview mode and I have to manuallly turn off my computer. Ctrl/alt/delete does not work. I would appreciate any info.

Yes, some people have problems with the program. Most of these (not all) can be traced to other programs on the computer, the computer not adequate for the job or outdated drivers for the video card, sound card, or the burner.

All in all, there have been very few true bugs found. A bug is where the same problem exists for everyone (or almost everyone) and can be reproduced by the Roxio technical staff.

1) Do you have other video processing or audio processing programs on your computer? Early versions of Itunes or Napster have been known to create problems. I doubt that you have more than one packet writing programs like drag to disc on your computer or you would have more problems.

2) Please post your computer specs. See my signature or others to see what is important to provide. It sound like the CPU is being heavily loaded. Make sure you have no other programs running when you are doing video processing.

3) Please update the drivers for the equipment listed above. It could be that your burner needs new firmware. If you have a Dell, HP etc, list the model number and we'll help you see if there are any updates.

4) When you are doing any Video work, it is almost mandatory to be disconnected from the internet, be free of mal-ware, have a fully defragged hard drive with lots of space, have your anti-virus tuned off , have both your computer and video card set to best performance.

If you are in VideoWave, please open task manager and watch it as you work. Let us know what process is taking all the CPU time. If the CPU pegs at close to 100% for any length of time, the computer will act as if it were frozen and necessitates a hard shutdown. My guess is that the proxy manager is working away while you are trying to do something else. This will hang the program. Just wait until it finishes. It could be several minutes. If you are dragging the images and video to the working area, this seems to happen more to some people..

If you still have that project saved, use VideoWave and output it to a mpg2.. best quality for DVD (icon that looks like a film reel). Rendering will stop if there is a problem with the project. That could be a bad image, a bad, .mov file, bad music file , bad, transition, bad timing, etc. Note the time that the rendering stops and go back to see what is going on at that time. You may be able to fix the production.

When you are burning your project to a disc in MyDVD, make sure you use the option to create an iso file only. When the file is completed, Copy that iso file to your disc. This separates the rendering and the burning into two steps so that the computer is not trying to do two things at once. Most people have a better success rate using that procedure.

Let us know the answers to the questions and how you are making out with your project.

Thank you so much for your response. I do have other programs on my computer, Adobe for one. I thought about disconnecting my broadband and defragging but that didn't help. I tried your suggestion about creating the iso file and that helped. I posted all the specifics about my computer on my profile. I'm sure I'll be back on here. Thanks so much.

Thank you so much for your response. I do have other programs on my computer, Adobe for one. I thought about disconnecting my broadband and defragging but that didn't help. I tried your suggestion about creating the iso file and that helped. I posted all the specifics about my computer on my profile. I'm sure I'll be back on here. Thanks so much.

It is better to have your computer specs listed in your signature like I have.

I have a feeling that your video card is the reason you are having problems especially since it has only 64MB of memory. Perhaps an upgrade might be in order. Since you are using mov video files you also have to have QuickTime ver 6.4 or higher installed. In addition DirectX 9c is required to be able to use all transitions, effects,etc and your video card has to be able to handle all the DirectX features.

Archived