• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Another user with CD Text problem

rnager

Question

I am unable to get the CD text feature to work, so songs show as Track 1, Track 2, etc. I have read the other postings, so I have tried the following:

1. After installing Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 and converting a bunch of reel-to-reel tapes to digital, I found that audio text did not work. So, I completely uninstalled Roxio Suite 8 (and some instances of Sonic that had remained even though the initial Roxio installation identified the conflict and removed SonicDLA). I used Windows Install Cleanup to get rid of everything Roxio and Sonic. I also removed Sony SoundForge Audio Studio that I'd tried and then abandoned in favor of Roxio. I then reinstalled Roxio Suite 8 and checked for Roxio updates.

2. Checked for update for my TSST Corp CDRW/DVD TSL 462C that came with my brand new Dell Latitude D610 notebook computer running Windows XP. There was no update on the Dell website and no updated driver was found by letting Windows Device Manager look for one on the web.

In Sound Editor, I click Burn Audio CD button, then click Audio CD Settings button, then check Add CD-text box, then click OK. I have burned CDs (using Sound Editor) in MP3 and WAV formats and played them with Apple ITunes, Windows Media Player, Real Player - all play the songs, but none show anything but Track 1, Track 2, etc. (Windows Explorer shows the song files as Track 01.cda, Track02.cda, etc., but the size is only 1KB for some reason even though the songs are much bigger files.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers to this question

Thanks Ogdens, that is helpful. I had read, but perhaps did not understand those before. I confirmed Patatrox's comments by trying a commercial CD with Windows Media Player. When not connected to the internet, I got "track 1, 2, etc" and when connected got the song names. I have confirmed that the track names are indeed there by transferring them to my Creative Zen Micro, which does see the names.

So, I have one last (hopefully) question. . .Do you know of any computer software player that can read the tracks that have been written on my CDs by Roxio? I've tried ITunes and Real Player, neither of which see the track names.

Thanks again.

The free HACP CD player supports CD Text. You can find it here. Right below it is another utility which only reads CD Text, which may be as useful in this case.

Thanks Ogdens, that is helpful. I had read, but perhaps did not understand those before. I confirmed Patatrox's comments by trying a commercial CD with Windows Media Player. When not connected to the internet, I got "track 1, 2, etc" and when connected got the song names. I have confirmed that the track names are indeed there by transferring them to my Creative Zen Micro, which does see the names.

So, I have one last (hopefully) question. . .Do you know of any computer software player that can read the tracks that have been written on my CDs by Roxio? I've tried ITunes and Real Player, neither of which see the track names.

Thanks again.

Archived