Audio CD burnign problem

rookie3512

Question

Hello friends,

I am trying to burn audio CD from MP3 files in Roxio 8. It starts burning the project but when it reaches about 50%, it ejects CD with the following error message:

"Sense: 02 ASC: 30 ASCQ: 00 (Command 35)

-------------------------------------------------------

Px.dll: 2.7.17.500

PxAFS.DLL: 1.0.0.1

pxdrv.dll: 1.1.63.0

PxMas.dll: 2.7.17.500

PxSFS.DLL: 2.7.17.500

PxWave.dll: 2.7.17.500

PXWMA.dll: 1.0.0.3"

I will appreciate your help.

17 answers to this question

Thanks all for your suggestions and advice. I do not have Winamp installed on my system. Though, I have Creative's Zen Micro software installed on my system. I am using HP CDs but don't have exact model number with me at this time. I can update it when I go home tonight.

When I try to burn CD from my MP3 songs, Roxio starts project and shows the burn progress e.g song 1 of 15..... to song 7 of 15 and then ejects the CD with the error message previously mentioned.

Once again thanks for your help.

If you do a google search on the Px??? files you will get lots of hits. Many of them seem to indicate that its related to Sonics burning engine but I did not find a real solution.

Ok, here is what I did. I converted all mp3 files into wave format as suggested and then burn CD, I still got same error and about at the same spot.

Secondly, I used different media (Memorex), this time it ran almost to the end and bombed at last song.

So, I have tested different media and even converted files into wave format. What should be next step?

Should I un-install and re-install Roxio?

I will appreciate your reply.

Ok, here is what I did. I converted all mp3 files into wave format as suggested and then burn CD, I still got same error and about at the same spot.

Secondly, I used different media (Memorex), this time it ran almost to the end and bombed at last song.

So, I have tested different media and even converted files into wave format. What should be next step?

Should I un-install and re-install Roxio?

I will appreciate your reply.

Okay, I just did a Google search on "sense code cd write error" and found that the error you're getting is coming from the drive, and indicates that it doesn't like your media.

To quote from the page here:

2 / 30 / 00 INCOMPATIBLE MEDIUM INSTALLED

The fact that a different type of disc gave you different results helps support this. It can also mean that your drive is having trouble keeping the lens tracking when it reaches that part of the disc. You could try using a lens cleaning disc to see if it's as simple as a dirty lens, which it may be. Are you using CD-R (write once) or CD-RW (erasable) media?

In any case, it definitely sounds like it's a drive problem, not a software problem. EMC is only reporting the error that the drive is returning to it. What make/model of drive is it, and how old?

Hope that helps!

Another update:

I just burnt one CD succefully by using Creative Media Source Organizer software. I used all the same mp3 files and same HP media for test and did not produced any errors. It ripped CD succefully. I am using Pioneer dvr 109 burner and it is only 4-5 months old.

Another update:

I just burnt one CD succefully by using Creative Media Source Organizer software. I used all the same mp3 files and same HP media for test and did not produced any errors. It ripped CD succefully. I am using Pioneer dvr 109 burner and it is only 4-5 months old.

Well, based on that, then the answer to your previous post would be, "Yes, try uninstalling and reinstalling EMC 8."

Hello friends,

I am trying to burn audio CD from MP3 files in Roxio 8. It starts burning the project but when it reaches about 50%, it ejects CD with the following error message:

I don't know what that error means but you might be missing the dll files it lists. First, make sure your drive has the lastest firmware.

Can you burn anything to that drive without problems?

It's worth a try but I'd really be surprised if this work......happy but surprised!

Please let us know what happens rookie3512.

Thanks tbrewst and pcostanza. I ran the patch suggested and also checked firmware of my dvd burner( Pioneer dvr-109). Firmfare on dvd burner is already up to date. After doing both checks, I am still getting the same error messages.

This page indicates that the "sense code" means that there is incompatible media installed. What brand and type of CD media are you trying to burn to?

A lot of the px.dll are related to WinAmp. or to the Sonic music engine. Do you have Winamp installed? You might try removing it and updating to the latest version.

I find it unusual that it goes about half way and then throws those errors. Try a different (better) brand of CD media and see what happens. You might try a RW just to see if it burns.

Let us know how you are making out in getting this fixed.

Hello friends,

I had checked the files too and noticed some were Winamp related but I run Winamp and don't have a problem. Maybe a Winamp update caused this problem. With the much older versions I used, I always had to uninstall an earlier version before installing the newer ones or I had trouble. I don't see that problem anymore with the newer versions.

I run Winamp also and have never gotten this to happen.I'm using the newest version.What you're saying about media could make sense though Steve.The first part of the process would be the conversion of the mp3 files to the audio format,so maybe the error occurs when it goes to start the write process?

Thanks all for your suggestions and advice. I do not have Winamp installed on my system. Though, I have Creative's Zen Micro software installed on my system. I am using HP CDs but don't have exact model number with me at this time. I can update it when I go home tonight.

When I try to burn CD from my MP3 songs, Roxio starts project and shows the burn progress e.g song 1 of 15..... to song 7 of 15 and then ejects the CD with the error message previously mentioned.

Thanks tbrewst and pcostanza. I ran the patch suggested and also checked firmware of my dvd burner( Pioneer dvr-109). Firmfare on dvd burner is already up to date. After doing both checks, I am still getting the same error messages.

Try converting your .MP3 files to .WAV files first, and then make your Audio CD from those. If that works, then the problem is probably in the encoding of one of the .MP3 files that's causing the problem. (Of course, if there's an error during the conversion, you'll know for sure.)

Let us know if that works, or doesn't.

I too have the Creative Zen Micro Photo software installed along with Winamp so I doubt that's the problem either.

Dave's suggestion might work for you but please let us know.

Archived