• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Creator 8 Label Creator Clunky

hughcarson

Question

The label creator in Creator 8 is about the least user friendly labeler I have ever seen. Creator 5 had a great user interface, so I tried to reinstall Creator 5 Platinum (with all its attendant problems with XP) but that is driving me equally nuts!!

When is Roxio (or Sonic) going to release an upgrade or fix to this poor excuse for a labeler? :)

4 answers to this question

You are so right! Roxio's Easy Media Creator 8 "Label Creator" program is so badly flawed that it is virtually impossible to make a decent jewel box label.

And this is 'after' installing the patch that was supposed to fix the disappearing text problem (it doesn't - the track list text does reappear, after a fashion, if you follow Roxio's clunky instructions to change the 'Style'. but as soon as you once again attempt to edit that text, it disappears again!!

I just spent a hundred bucks on this #X*+%@<X# program, and if there was any way I could possilbly get Easy Media Creator 7 back on my machine, that's what I would do!!

Incredibly, both the 'Label Creator' and the 'Music Disc Creator' are backward steps from Creator 7. With Creator 7 's 'Creator Classic' program, you could just click on a Folder (containing the album tracks), and then click 'Add'. Creator Classic 7 would automatically add all the tracks, and would insert the album name and the artist name. With 'Music Disc Creator', you have to highlight and then add each individual track.

I want my money back, and I want Roxio to tell me how I can get Creator 7 back! This is outrageous!!

AMEN - This Label Creator in version 8 drives me crazy, too. I can spend 30 min. creating a plain paper label for a custom CD, and still it comes out crummy! And that disappearing act that the text does, that has got to go! I am currently creating my music CDs with version 8, then using the Label Creator in version 6 to make labels. I just selected "Add Disc Contents" and Label Creator version 6 recorgnized what I had burned with the new EMC 8.

You are so right! Roxio's Easy Media Creator 8 "Label Creator" program is so badly flawed that it is virtually impossible to make a decent jewel box label.

And this is 'after' installing the patch that was supposed to fix the disappearing text problem (it doesn't - the track list text does reappear, after a fashion, if you follow Roxio's clunky instructions to change the 'Style'. but as soon as you once again attempt to edit that text, it disappears again!!

I just spent a hundred bucks on this #X*+%@<X# program, and if there was any way I could possilbly get Easy Media Creator 7 back on my machine, that's what I would do!!

Incredibly, both the 'Label Creator' and the 'Music Disc Creator' are backward steps from Creator 7. With Creator 7 's 'Creator Classic' program, you could just click on a Folder (containing the album tracks), and then click 'Add'. Creator Classic 7 would automatically add all the tracks, and would insert the album name and the artist name. With 'Music Disc Creator', you have to highlight and then add each individual track.

I want my money back, and I want Roxio to tell me how I can get Creator 7 back! This is outrageous!!

There is no problem having version 7 and version 8 on the same computer. They get along just fine. Just don't install Drag to Disc.

The label creator in Creator 8 is about the least user friendly labeler I have ever seen. Creator 5 had a great user interface, so I tried to reinstall Creator 5 Platinum (with all its attendant problems with XP) but that is driving me equally nuts!!

When is Roxio (or Sonic) going to release an upgrade or fix to this poor excuse for a labeler? :)

Can't argue with you. Buggy as can be in version 8. I think they fixed a few bugs in version 9, but I after trying a free 7 day trial of Acoustica CD Label Maker ( http://www.acoustica.com ) I am very, very tempted to switch. It's someting like $21.95, it has worked flawlessly so far, it allows for far better control over song listings than EMC 8 or 9's Label Creator --- I am soclose to switching. If the other problems I've run into with EMC 9 can't be solved, it's goodbye Roxio - and I've been using their product since version 3 or 4. Yes, I am not a happy camper.

Archived