EMC 8 and Nero 7 - Will They Play Nice Together in the Same Sandbox?

sneakers_daddy

Question

There are certain features that I like of both. For burning data DVD's, Nero appears to be the best. I've had trouble burning/backing up all of my driver and software updates to a DVD. Roxio stops responding using Creator Classic (it's done this ever since ver 7).

But for other stuff, DVD creation, etc, Roxio has more features. I haven't (and don't plan on) installing Nero's InCD (Nero's equivilent to Roxio Drag to Disc).

Beyond this, any known conflicts I should be aware of?

3 answers to this question

There are certain features that I like of both. For burning data DVD's, Nero appears to be the best. I've had trouble burning/backing up all of my driver and software updates to a DVD. Roxio stops responding using Creator Classic (it's done this ever since ver 7).

But for other stuff, DVD creation, etc, Roxio has more features. I haven't (and don't plan on) installing Nero's InCD (Nero's equivilent to Roxio Drag to Disc).

Beyond this, any known conflicts I should be aware of?

Only one packet writer may run on any OS. So if you are using D2D, don't install InCD.

James - thanks for the response. Per my original post, I have no intent of installing InCD. My concern/question is if there are any other known conflicts with Roxio and Nero (aside from packet writing, which I'm aware of)

I don't have EMC8 and Nero7 on the same machine. I have had and do have previous versions of both on

the same machines Roxio 4,5,6,7.5 with Nero 5,6,7. I don't install any packet writing software on any of my machines, they are garbage IMO.

As far as playing together well you have to try and see. Alone both seem to have there share of troubles for some.

All systems are different, drivers, audio codec's, video codec's. Intel, Via, and Nforce chipsets, different video and audio cards!

I don't let either program default file associations. I always use Acronis True Image and image my C drive first. Store it away on another HD and Burn it to DVD.

cdanteek

Archived