New Sony Blu Ray

Torph

Question

I use Final Cut Express. I exported a movie into quicktime and then dragged it into Toast 9.04 and proceeded to burn a 3 minute video using a DVD as the media. This was a 1080 AVDH video originally by the way. Anyway I burned it as a Blue ray within the Toast software and when it was done I put the DVD it into my Sony Blu ray player (MODEL BDP-BX1). The Blu Ray player appeared to play but the TV screen was blank. There was no sound, nothing. Have I done something wrong? I bought the blu ray player yesterday and Toast several days ago. This is my first time on this forum. Toast appears to be a simple app, but it is not working with what I have unless I have committed a user error (hopefully). Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Torph

3 answers to this question

Thank you. I had already done everything outlined in the tutorial. I am not sure where the fault lies. I have also contacted Sony. This is particular model is sold at Sam's and likely has wide distribution. That said it ain't workin. The Apple forums have recommended Toast as a inexpensive way to output high def onto DVDs. Playstation 3 is most often the blue ray player mentioned. One would think that the BDP-BX1 would play these Toast DVD's too, which is why I am looking for an answer within the Toast community.

I got it to work and the blue ray player is compatible. I selected Blue ray on the left panel of Toast, but did not see that on the bottom right side where there is a drop down list you have to choose BD...for some reason it was toggled to DVD.

I use Final Cut Express. I exported a movie into quicktime and then dragged it into Toast 9.04 and proceeded to burn a 3 minute video using a DVD as the media. This was a 1080 AVDH video originally by the way. Anyway I burned it as a Blue ray within the Toast software and when it was done I put the DVD it into my Sony Blu ray player (MODEL BDP-BX1). The Blu Ray player appeared to play but the TV screen was blank. There was no sound, nothing. Have I done something wrong? I bought the blu ray player yesterday and Toast several days ago. This is my first time on this forum. Toast appears to be a simple app, but it is not working with what I have unless I have committed a user error (hopefully). Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Torph

Thank you. I had already done everything outlined in the tutorial. I am not sure where the fault lies. I have also contacted Sony. This is particular model is sold at Sam's and likely has wide distribution. That said it ain't workin. The Apple forums have recommended Toast as a inexpensive way to output high def onto DVDs. Playstation 3 is most often the blue ray player mentioned. One would think that the BDP-BX1 would play these Toast DVD's too, which is why I am looking for an answer within the Toast community.

Archived