• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Incorrect Function

Jim26

Question

I get a “Drive\not accessible. Incorrect function” when I try to copy files to a CD in Windows XP. Microsoft KB Article 315350 states that a probable cause is Roxio CD Creator.

I had CD Creator 6 but just deleted it. I plan to install version 9. But I want to clear up my Windows system first.

I reset the drive values in the registry and checked the box in the drive properties recording tab. The drive recorded fine, but when I reboot the computer I loose the check in the drive properties recording tab. I suspect there is something left in the registry form the delete but I don't know where to look.

Any ideas on what I should be looking for ?

5 answers to this question

I get a “Drive\not accessible. Incorrect function” when I try to copy files to a CD in Windows XP. Microsoft KB Article 315350 states that a probable cause is Roxio CD Creator.

I had CD Creator 6 but just deleted it. I plan to install version 9. But I want to clear up my Windows system first.

I reset the drive values in the registry and checked the box in the drive properties recording tab. The drive recorded fine, but when I reboot the computer I loose the check in the drive properties recording tab. I suspect there is something left in the registry form the delete but I don't know where to look.

Any ideas on what I should be looking for ?

It sounds like you are having some problems with your XP installation. What box are you checking?

Also, I would certainly hope that you aren't just deleting programs, instead of going through the proper uninstall process. If so, you have a lot of junk in the trunk, left on your computer.

Aside: If you go through the regular uninstall procedure, with Roxio products, you will still have lots of junk in the trunk. :(

My XP has been working fine for years. The problem I have didn't happen before I installed and then uninstalled cd Creator.

When you check on the properties of the CD and then click on the Recording tab there is a box that must be checked to "Enable CD recording on this drive" That is the box thatkeeps getting unchecked after a reboot.

How do you fine and delete all the trash that Roxio leaves behind?

My XP has been working fine for years. The problem I have didn't happen before I installed and then uninstalled cd Creator.

When you check on the properties of the CD and then click on the Recording tab there is a box that must be checked to "Enable CD recording on this drive" That is the box thatkeeps getting unchecked after a reboot.

How do you fine and delete all the trash that Roxio leaves behind?

Try this http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

That is a windows operating system setting.

As fas as cleaning a uninstall, try 10 to 13 in my signature, choose the correct version and operating system...

cd