• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Files/tools/help Menus Unavailable

Anatole

Question

I have recently installed RC2009 (on Win XP Pro SP3), having used EMC 9 happily for years, and had a thoroughly bad experience with EMC10 (which died constantly: Roxio kindly reimbursed me for the expense incurred for the purchase of this non-functioning software). The front page (so to speak) has three menus (Files/Tools/Help). When I click on these, the items in the menus appear (sometimes, not always) for about a tenth of a second then disappear, without it being possible to click on any of the menu items at all (or even see what they are!). This is rather frustrating. I have already done a clean reinstall of RC2009. Any chance I can get my money back again since this software seems unwilling to function as it should?

11 answers to this question

I have recently installed RC2009 (on Win XP Pro SP3), having used EMC 9 happily for years, and had a thoroughly bad experience with EMC10 (which died constantly: Roxio kindly reimbursed me for the expense incurred for the purchase of this non-functioning software). The front page (so to speak) has three menus (Files/Tools/Help). When I click on these, the items in the menus appear (sometimes, not always) for about a tenth of a second then disappear, without it being possible to click on any of the menu items at all (or even see what they are!). This is rather frustrating. I have already done a clean reinstall of RC2009. Any chance I can get my money back again since this software seems unwilling to function as it should?

Refund http://www.roxio.com/enu/support/service/cs_refund.html

Does your HomePage look like this?

post-103-1228007299.jpg

What happens when you click on any of the icons and or tasks on the Home Page?

Its obvious that your install is corrupt. If you followed the cleane install step-bu-step and it does not work then there is something in your system that is interfering with the install. This is also indicated by the fact that you had problems installing EMC 10.

What are your system specs, especially video card or graphics adaptor?

List your computer specs. If you couldn't run EMC 10 on it, it is doubtful that Creator 2009 will run, either.

List your computer specs. If you couldn't run EMC 10 on it, it is doubtful that Creator 2009 will run, either.

Dell 9100 (Pentium 4 CPU 3.2 GHz

RAM 1024 MB

Videocard: Nvidia Geforce 6800 (Driver 178.13)

Win XP Pro SP3

Individual applications load seemingly o.k. But the RC09 Homepage is largely unresponsive. It ran better immediarely after install, after rebooting it's sluggish, not to say unresponsive.

Dell 9100 (Pentium 4 CPU 3.2 GHz

RAM 1024 MB

Videocard: Nvidia Geforce 6800 (Driver 178.13)

Win XP Pro SP3

Individual applications load seemingly o.k. But the RC09 Homepage is largely unresponsive. It ran better immediarely after install, after rebooting it's sluggish, not to say unresponsive.

Have you gone into msconfig and unchecked all of the Roxio entries? That may help.

Run msconfig from the start menu - check under EVERY tab, look for anything that starts with 'Rox' and it it's ticked, untick it.

Reboot, at the nag screen that will appear, tell it that you know you disabled startup items and not to ask again

That will stop media watch from running automatically (that's the usual reason for sluggish performance as it catalogues all yout media files