• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Converting Avchd!

vanilla

Question

HI

Ihave just now purchased Roxio 2009 creator ultimate..and im trying to convert my AVCHD files from my Sony camera so that i can play them on an ordinary dvd player or even on a PS3 the actuall problem im facing is...how do you actually convert the Avchd files into mpeg, i have stored alla my files from the camera in a file but it wont recognize them!

3 answers to this question

i have stored alla my files from the camera in a file but it wont recognize them!
Not sure I understand what you have done. Please explain.

Unfortunately, Videowave/MyDVD is having problems with some AVCHD files. No idea what the problem is since AVCHD support was added in this version. Which model do you have? Videowave/MyDVD should recognize the .MTS extension.

Yes, Videowave/MyDVD can down-convert to standard definition for regular DVD players, but since you have a PS3, there is also another option IF you have the Bluray plugin or Creator 2009 Ultimate which includes the plugin. In this case, MyDVD can burn Bluray format to regular DVDs and these discs are playable on the PS3. Several users have posted that they work.

Edited by ggrussell

Drag and drop convert does not do the job..it comes up saying conversion has been cancelled...as for playing the avchd on playstation..yes that can be done but its not the point..i want to give movies to friends and relatives who dont own a playstation...as for the version i have its Roxio media creator 2009 ultimate

Sorry you might wanted to know what camera i have..its a Sony HDR-SR8.

So what have to you tried so far? If you copy the .MTS files from the camcorder, Videowave should be able to 'see' those files. Just click on 'Add Video/Images'. Videowave should then ask to convert those to editable format and ask for a location. Click YES and select a folder. You will have to do this for each file added.

Once edited, you can then save as Videowave project file OR output to regular MPEG 2 file. In either case, you can add those files to MyDVD to create a regular video DVD.

One poster was having trouble with audio in his files. Let us know if you have any issues. Be as specific as possible.

Edited by ggrussell