• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MP3 audio CD problems

desmo907

Question

I recall burning a few audio CDs in EMC 7 - i could fit several hundred on a CD. Now with EMC 8 i use the Audio CD and start adding my MP3s (which I had converted from old cassettes) but I can only fit a few on the CD. For example, one MP3 file consists of ~6 songs and is about 67meg but it takes up more than half of the CD according to EMC8.

I read through alot and cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

I also tried the Jukebox that allows me to fit more MP3s on a CD but it won't play on my car system (although it shows only 1 track playin yet i hear nothing). The old MP3 disks I burned used to work fine on my car system.

Am I missing something?

12 answers to this question

When you say "files", is that the same as Folders?

I've just realized that my car stereo plays MP3 discs and notice that it has Folder options--that's why I ask.

Thanks~

A file correlates to an individual song. A folder would typically contain a collection of files/songs. The same as a "folder" on your hard drive typically holds several, or many, files. A folder is also called a directory, and all it has is the name of the files that are within it.

For an MP3 CD, I would typically create a folder for an artist. Inside that folder, I would create a folder for each CD of that artist. Inside each of those folders would be the files (songs) that were on those CDs.

Does that helps?

A file correlates to an individual song. A folder would typically contain a collection of files/songs. The same as a "folder" on your hard drive typically holds several, or many, files. A folder is also called a directory, and all it has is the name of the files that are within it.

For an MP3 CD, I would typically create a folder for an artist. Inside that folder, I would create a folder for each CD of that artist. Inside each of those folders would be the files (songs) that were on those CDs.

Does that helps?

Yes, that helps.

see if this helps

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=3963

I recall burning a few audio CDs in EMC 7 - i could fit several hundred on a CD. Now with EMC 8 i use the Audio CD and start adding my MP3s (which I had converted from old cassettes) but I can only fit a few on the CD. For example, one MP3 file consists of ~6 songs and is about 67meg but it takes up more than half of the CD according to EMC8.

I also tried the Jukebox that allows me to fit more MP3s on a CD but it won't play on my car system (although it shows only 1 track playin yet i hear nothing). The old MP3 disks I burned used to work fine on my car system.

Am I missing something?

I have made several CDA discs using 80 minute media and have placed as many as 30 separate CDA files on one disc. The files were all songs (50's music) I had taken off my old 45, 78 & 33 records. It all depends on how long (time wise) each of the songs are, regarding how many you can get on one 80 minute disc.

cdanteek: If you want any of those old 650MB (74 minute) media discs, I have several hundred just collecting dust in one of my cabinets :) LOL

Frank....

Am I missing something?

There's no way an audio cd can hold several hundred, let alone one hundred songs on a cd (unless they're very, very, very small). Only an mp3 disc can do that. A regular audio cd only holds about 74 minutes or 650MBs of audio.

There's no way an audio cd can hold several hundred, let alone one hundred songs on a cd (unless they're very, very, very small). Only an mp3 disc can do that. A regular audio cd only holds about 74 minutes or 650MBs of audio.

Unless you have a special place you buy them? I don't even see them anymore.

The ones I use are 80 minutes 700mb.

cdanteek

Unless you have a special place you buy them? I don't even see them anymore.

The ones I use are 80 minutes 700mb.

cdanteek

Yep, I looked and it is 80 but I guess I showed my age by stating 74 minute cd's. :)

Either way you're not going to fit but maybe 18 songs or so on an Audio cd.Now,an MP3 cd is a different story,you can fit alot of songs on one but your player has to be able to play MP3 discs..A Jukebox disc fills by space not time but also plays as an MP3 disc or whatever format the files are that you put on it.If the player you're trying to use can't play the format then it won't work.

Sorry, I meant to say earlier I have put about 100 (just a little over that) on 1 audio CD. The MP3 files ranges from 3-6meg each.

My car audio player as well as my home DVD player will play the Audio CD I created with EMC7 using MP3 files. I am just not sure how to do that with EMC8 (I must be missing something really obvious).

I tried the Jukebox but my car player only shows 1 track (I included several MP3 files) and shows it playing (i see the time stamp moving) but I hear nothing. My car player plays previously created MP3 disks fine.

Sorry, I meant to say earlier I have put about 100 (just a little over that) on 1 audio CD. The MP3 files ranges from 3-6meg each.

My car audio player as well as my home DVD player will play the Audio CD I created with EMC7 using MP3 files. I am just not sure how to do that with EMC8 (I must be missing something really obvious).

I tried the Jukebox but my car player only shows 1 track (I included several MP3 files) and shows it playing (i see the time stamp moving) but I hear nothing. My car player plays previously created MP3 disks fine.

If you use Music Disc Creator, just click on the MP3/WMA Disck and you can create a cd with many files but if you use the Audio CD function, you're limited to 80 minutes unless of course you use a 90 minute cd and overburn.

If you use Music Disc Creator, just click on the MP3/WMA Disck and you can create a cd with many files but if you use the Audio CD function, you're limited to 80 minutes unless of course you use a 90 minute cd and overburn.

When you say "files", is that the same as Folders?

I've just realized that my car stereo plays MP3 discs and notice that it has Folder options--that's why I ask.

Thanks~

Archived