Publishing a Roxio Production to the Web

sbwolford

Question

Can I embed a Roxio production into a webpage that will be posted on my school's website? If so, how? I can't get my video to play in my site.

Furthermore, even though I saved it as a .wmv the saved file says its a .dmsm (the editor) and it only wants to open for playback in Video Wave. I need it to play in Windows Media Player and it won't. How do I get that to work with this production? It would be nice if it could be played in QuickTime, too, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that either.

Does someone have some good advice for me? This is for an assignment that is past due --video hasn't been my only problem. Thanks. -- Sharon

1 answer to this question

Can I embed a Roxio production into a webpage that will be posted on my school's website? If so, how? I can't get my video to play in my site.

Furthermore, even though I saved it as a .wmv the saved file says its a .dmsm (the editor) and it only wants to open for playback in Video Wave. I need it to play in Windows Media Player and it won't. How do I get that to work with this production? It would be nice if it could be played in QuickTime, too, but I can't seem to figure out how to do that either.

Does someone have some good advice for me? This is for an assignment that is past due --video hasn't been my only problem. Thanks. -- Sharon

You did not save it as a .wmv file. If you used save or save as, it was saved as a .dmsm file. That is not a video file. It is just a set of instructions to tell the software what to do with your original video files, when burning it to disc or ISO file.

What you want/need to do is click on File, then click on Output To. You then click on Video File. Then click on the drop down that says Purpose, scroll down, and click on Show All. You will see a drop down box below. Click on the dropdown, and pick what WMV format that you want to use. Click on Next, and follow the prompts to save your production as a movie file. You would then upload the file, or a link to the file, to your site.

Archived