Creator De (9?) Question On Burn Speed

mikeczap

Question

We have a user that wants to burn audio CD's at 8x, but the only things that appear

in the Options > General > Advanced > Drive Speed > CD are Max and 48x.

Is there any way to specify a slower speed on faster-capable HW like older versions of Roxio can?

We're using Roxio Creator DE, I believe version 9 (I can't tell from the About... page exactly

what version, but it is definitely Roxio Creator DE)

Mike Czaplinski

4 answers to this question

We have a user that wants to burn audio CD's at 8x, but the only things that appear

in the Options > General > Advanced > Drive Speed > CD are Max and 48x.

Is there any way to specify a slower speed on faster-capable HW like older versions of Roxio can?

We're using Roxio Creator DE, I believe version 9 (I can't tell from the About... page exactly

what version, but it is definitely Roxio Creator DE)

Mike Czaplinski

DE means that it is an Dell OEM version of the software and, as such, is limited in what it can do. In the full version (latest is Creator 2009), the ability to change burn speeds is there for Music Disc Creator and other applications.

I did not think that DE has much in the way of audio applications.

What application within DE is the user trying to use (sorry for the redundancy). :blink:

Edited by sknis

DE means that it is an Dell OEM version of the software and, as such, is limited in what it can do. In the full version (latest is Creator 2009), the ability to change burn speeds is there for Music Disc Creator and other applications.

I did not think that DE has much in the way of audio applications.

What application within DE is the user trying to use (sorry for the redundancy). :blink:

The basic app; we didn't install any of the ancillary programs, just the basic program.

She's using the Audio > Audio CD > Creat Audio CD for Car or Home CD Player task,

if that helps.

It seems rather silly that even a cut-down version of the software can't dial down the

burn speed, but if we have to upgrade to Creator 2009 we will either have to bite

the bullet or look at a non-Roxio choice.

MikeC

The basic app; we didn't install any of the ancillary programs, just the basic program.

She's using the Audio > Audio CD > Creat Audio CD for Car or Home CD Player task,

if that helps.

It seems rather silly that even a cut-down version of the software can't dial down the

burn speed, but if we have to upgrade to Creator 2009 we will either have to bite

the bullet or look at a non-Roxio choice.

MikeC

You may want to try other blank CDs or a different burner. I don't have EMC 9 DE on my computer but EMC 10, which I do have, should be similar in that application. I have options from 48 on down to 12. when I loaded FujiFilm CD-R into my CD burner and down to 8 when I loaded the CD into my DVD/CD burner.

You can also get an older Version from eBay or similar from someone who has upgraded and is selling on the old Version.

EMC 7 / 7.5 can't do 16:9, EMC 8 is not recommended, EMC 9 is the earliest that will work with Vista, EMC 10 and Creator 2009 are the one still in support.

Whichever Version you get - be sure your computer specs exceed the 'system requirements'. With the "WinXP requirements" for EMC 9 or 10 - ignore them and look at the Vista numbers, unless you don't plan to do more than make Data Discs and music compilation CDs.

Lynn

Edited by lynn98109