Timed Videos

Renny

Question

I have purchased Creator 2009 and would like to create educational videos online that are timed. It would stop approximately every two minutes and the viewer would have to click the next button to continue. This insures that the viewer has watched the entire video. I have not found anything in the program yet that does this. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Don

2 answers to this question

That is not Video but rather coding… You could use 2009 to chop it into 2 minute segments but code would have to be written to present the user with the Pause/Continue choices. Then you have to store the response if the user is to get credit for watching up to that point so they can resume later.

I took a course that didn't care if viewed the material but forced me to complete a quiz in order to take the Test for the section.

If the Test was failed I would have 2 more chances then had to call an instructor for 1 on 1 remedial training.

As far as the section material, I could read online or download the lessons.

A thought – is it more important that they are subjected to forced viewing or quiz/test results which would indicate a grasp of concept or gain in knowledge???

I have purchased Creator 2009 and would like to create educational videos online that are timed. It would stop approximately every two minutes and the viewer would have to click the next button to continue. This insures that the viewer has watched the entire video. I have not found anything in the program yet that does this. Can anyone please help me?

Thanks

Don

Don, Perhaps if you get an educational discount, you might want to try "Camtasia Studio". It is designed to do just what you want and allows for creating the presentation from video or Power Point slide shows. It will output to H264, and other like flv for on-line viewing. They even have a site for that.

Version 6 is current but you should be able to get version 5 on-line if you don't have the educational discount.

If the students are paying ones, then they deserve the best instructional video and not something jury rigged from a program that is designed to do what you want. You'll probably have fewer headaches anyway.

Edited by sknis