• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD disc spanning

lietn

Question

3 answers to this question

I dont think you are going to find anything that will take video and re-format it to span discs. You might be able to extract the VOB files and then re-author 2 new discs from the files, but nothing thats just going to automatically do this for you. If I was going to try this, I would try it with popcorn 2, but I have not used it yet, so I dont know if that will do the trick for you or not, maybe someone from Roxio can comment if they see this post?

If I'd like to back up and maintain the original quality (no compression) of a large movie (video_ts folder), does Toast have the ability to span the video into multiple dvd's?

Thank you in advance.

This is the answer to a different question but I can't figure out how to delete it. Sorry.

Lou

You know what? Their directions aren't very clear. Don't start "Toast". The "Roxio Restore" app was written to each disk in the span. Insert Disk 1. The disk mounts, "Roxio Restore" starts up, and the splash screen comes on. Double-click "Restore". If you want the whole span restored, ask to restore THEIR root folder. It will strip out the "***.spanned" folder names and copy your data as it was. When a disk is done "Restore" will eject it, and prompt for the next disk. After you insert it, the "Roxio Restore" splash screen comes up again. DON'T double-click, or it will start over at Disk 1 again. Just let it chew; it will go on copying. It's a little strange to have that "Click-Me" screen looking at you the whole time, though. Remember the old saying: "Look, but don't touch"? The only way I figured it out, on my second try the doorbell rang right after I put in Disk 2. When I came back, it was copying merrily.

Lou

If I'd like to back up and maintain the original quality (no compression) of a large movie (video_ts folder), does Toast have the ability to span the video into multiple dvd's?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, it will create the span. But the new disks won't play back as Part 1 and Part 2. Use Toast to re-assemble them as a Toast image on your hard drive. You can play that image.

Lou

Archived