• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Copier - Burning an ISO (image file)

malatekid

Question

I have an ISO file created in EMC7.5 The duration of the video is 115 minutes. If I understand correctly, Disc Copier should be able to fit the file (a little over 7 gb) that file to a Verbatim DVD+R. Almost 99% to the end of burning process, I got the error below. My burner is a Lacie (all speed up to 16x, all +/- types, can do RW and DL as well). I was hoping that EMC8 has improvement since burning a video > 60 minutes in EMC75 results to jump and skip in the final burned video.

pix-0007.jpg

6 answers to this question

I have an ISO file created in EMC7.5 The duration of the video is 115 minutes. If I understand correctly, Disc Copier should be able to fit the file (a little over 7 gb) that file to a Verbatim DVD+R. Almost 99% to the end of burning process, I got the error below. My burner is a Lacie (all speed up to 16x, all +/- types, can do RW and DL as well). I was hoping that EMC8 has improvement since burning a video > 60 minutes in EMC75 results to jump and skip in the final burned video.

pix-0007.jpg

Have you tried the hotfix listed above?

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=3324

I'm sure I did the other night but I'll try again.

Just curious: have you had successful burn of almost 2 hour video (ISO image file) to a single layer disc using EMC8 Disc Copier?

Thank you.

Yes I've had a number of ISO's completed in DC 8 with little or no problems. I've posted a few times that occassionally I've had to not use Plextor's Power Burn feature for it to work properly. However, some who have reported problems have rebooted and tried again successfully.

Do you still have version 7.5? If 8 is giving you problems, see if 7.5 will work. At least we'll know if it's the software or the drive.

Yes I've had a number of ISO's completed in DC 8 with little or no problems. I've posted a few times that occassionally I've had to not use Plextor's Power Burn feature for it to work properly. However, some who have reported problems have rebooted and tried again successfully.

Do you still have version 7.5? If 8 is giving you problems, see if 7.5 will work. At least we'll know if it's the software or the drive.

Yes, I still have the 7.5. Thanks to the Board forum thread I read that said you we can leave 7.5 installed when installing 8.

When you said little or no problems, the little problem does not include freezing and jumping of the finalized disc, does it?

Yes, I still have the 7.5. Thanks to the Board forum thread I read that said you we can leave 7.5 installed when installing 8.

When you said little or no problems, the little problem does not include freezing and jumping of the finalized disc, does it?

My problems were that DC was asking for a DL disc when I wanted it to transcode to fit to a +R disc. My Plextor has a Power Burn feature that handles buffer underrun and it I use the standard burn, I don't get asked for the DL disc. However, this only happens occassionally.

In earlier versions, I did have a few errors when burning ISO files but I believe it was due to a few bad discs. I use Imation and Verbatim almost exclusively and have had great luck with them.

My problems were that DC was asking for a DL disc when I wanted it to transcode to fit to a +R disc. My Plextor has a Power Burn feature that handles buffer underrun and it I use the standard burn, I don't get asked for the DL disc. However, this only happens occassionally.

In earlier versions, I did have a few errors when burning ISO files but I believe it was due to a few bad discs. I use Imation and Verbatim almost exclusively and have had great luck with them.

Thanks.

Archived