CREATOR CLASSIC,SOUND EDITOR,and ROXIO PLAYER ISSUES

planaria

Question

I am unable to move my audio files from the source pane to the project pane in Creator Classic. Also i am unable to preview the audio files with the Roxio Player and am unable to open audio files in the Sound Editor.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program(EMC7) several times to no avail. Any suggestions?

8 answers to this question

The problem applies to all audio files. I am able to move the audio files from the source pane to the project pane when formatting a MP3 Disc and Data Disc.

Can you make an audio CD with WinPlayer?

And, do you have WinXP set to Auto-Update?

I know the most recent updates included improving MSDRM ... well, that's Microsoft's Vesion, what it probably translates as is making MicroSoft's Digital Rights Management code more obnoxious.

I don't use Auto-Update, and declined to download that one. :)

Lynn

The program is not allowing me to create an audio CD.None of the options is letting me add to the project pane from the source pane. The Sound Editor is also not permitting me to open any audio files, the Player is not opening audio files also.

Okay... that answers the one question. And the file types? Have you tried anything other than .MP3? When we ask these questions, they are intended so that the answer you provide will help us help you. Please answer all the questions, not selective ones.

One more, can you make a Data CD? Does EMC let you add files to a Data CD project?

I am unable to move my audio files from the source pane to the project pane in Creator Classic. Also i am unable to preview the audio files with the Roxio Player and am unable to open audio files in the Sound Editor.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program(EMC7) several times to no avail. Any suggestions?

Do you have any other music burning programs, such as iTunes?

Where did these files come from - did you rip them from CDs yourself, buy them, or ...?

Lynn

Do you have any other music burning programs, such as iTunes?

Where did these files come from - did you rip them from CDs yourself, buy them, or ...?

Lynn

I do have iTunes, it was never an issue before.Files came from several sources, CD Rips, Purchased, and downloaded from P2P sites. These parts were working previously but stopped working a week ago. I also tried the System Restore function, but it did not solve the problems. Also have Musicmatch and the Windows Media Player for burning audio CD'S.

I do have iTunes, it was never an issue before.Files came from several sources, CD Rips, Purchased, and downloaded from P2P sites. These parts were working previously but stopped working a week ago. I also tried the System Restore function, but it did not solve the problems. Also have Musicmatch and the Windows Media Player for burning audio CD'S.

I know iTunes has some versions that don't believe in competition, and "break" other programs. However, if this Version has been playing nice, it MIGHT not be the culprit.

Does this problem apply to ALL files, or only certain ones? Say, the legally purchased files?

Lynn

To be clear, this is with all file types? .MP3? .WMA? .WAV?

Also, are you creating an Audio CD or a .MP3 (data) CD?

And how are you trying to move them, dragging from the top pane to the bottom, or by selecting them and then clicking the "Add" button? Do both options behave the same way?

Let us know.

I know iTunes has some versions that don't believe in competition, and "break" other programs. However, if this Version has been playing nice, it MIGHT not be the culprit.

Does this problem apply to ALL files, or only certain ones? Say, the legally purchased files?

Lynn

The problem applies to all audio files. I am able to move the audio files from the source pane to the project pane when formatting a MP3 Disc and Data Disc.

To be clear, this is with all file types? .MP3? .WMA? .WAV?

Also, are you creating an Audio CD or a .MP3 (data) CD?

And how are you trying to move them, dragging from the top pane to the bottom, or by selecting them and then clicking the "Add" button? Do both options behave the same way?

Let us know.

The program is not allowing me to create an audio CD.None of the options is letting me add to the project pane from the source pane. The Sound Editor is also not permitting me to open any audio files, the Player is not opening audio files also.

Archived