• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Wrong Forum - Moved Here

george666

Question

14 answers to this question

Then you need to be following the process outlined in the posted pinned to the top of the EMC 9 -> Activation forum for the Manual activation process.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=12074

Thanks and I appriciate your help. However the problem is that when I follow this proceedure, where the orange 25 digit product code should be is blank! So I cannot proceed to enter it on the website.

I think I have seen that this number is stored in my computer register, but have no idea on how to retrieve it. I have reformated my computer since my original installation of Roxio, and prior to that I never needed to use the vidio part (so I was never aware of the codec mpeg-2 download).

Thanks and I appriciate your help. However the problem is that when I follow this proceedure, where the orange 25 digit product code should be is blank! So I cannot proceed to enter it on the website.

I think I have seen that this number is stored in my computer register, but have no idea on how to retrieve it. I have reformated my computer since my original installation of Roxio, and prior to that I never needed to use the vidio part (so I was never aware of the codec mpeg-2 download).

If you think it is on your computer, then perhaps Belarc Advisor will list it.

If I can recollect correctly, that particular problem was caused by a third party codec (who insisted on the activation procedure).

A lot of people did have that problem - but also, it did at some stage actually manage to activate and we never did work out how or why it kept failing and then decide to work

Tried Belarc, it gave many codes for various programs including all the parts of Roxio but none of them are 25 digits long!

Tried Belarc, it gave many codes for various programs including all the parts of Roxio but none of them are 25 digits long!

I tried 3 clean starts in a row (1 hour wasted) I still cannot get the MPEG-2 activated.

I know you are not responsible for Roxio, only a Forum, but do enough people have the same problem that a law suit could be organized???

I paid money to Roxio for their program, they should tell me their subcontractors codes, without me having to spend hours uninstalling and reinstalling!!!!

I don't believe there is any problem with my system, or in fact with Roxio MC-9. the problem is I cannot find the magic 25 digit project number that will give me a new key code so I can enter it on Roxio site, which will then activate the MPEG-2 codec so I can continue using the video applications. This is dispite clean installing and starting the application disconnected from the internet as advised by Roxio.

Even if Roxio do not support the MC-9 any more, why can't they check their files and give me the access based upon the original product key, that came with the product, and I registered with them???

It seems the fault is entirely Roxios' in not providing better access to their codec suppliers code.

One: It isn't a 'Roxio sub-contractor' - it is a third party app that the copyright owners INSISTED had to be 'activated'.

Two: It has taken you two YEARS (that's how longs since EMC9 came out) to discover a fault???

Three: I said that we never did work out how it suddenly decided to activate after 'x' number otf attempts - but it DID activate. I never said that it didn't or wouldn't

Four: are you sure you turned off all pop up blockers, etc and enabled cookies when you tried activation?

I don't believe there is any problem with my system, or in fact with Roxio MC-9. the problem is I cannot find the magic 25 digit project number that will give me a new key code so I can enter it on Roxio site, which will then activate the MPEG-2 codec so I can continue using the video applications. This is dispite clean installing and starting the application disconnected from the internet as advised by Roxio.

Even if Roxio do not support the MC-9 any more, why can't they check their files and give me the access based upon the original product key, that came with the product, and I registered with them???

It seems the fault is entirely Roxios' in not providing better access to their codec suppliers code.

First, to set you straight, none of us, including Daithi, is affiliated with Roxio, so the software is not ours, nor are the forums.

I had to do the offline activation, the first time I installed EMC 9, right after it came out. I had no problem, but I believe that Roxio has fouled up that process, since then. It is doubtful that it will ever be fixed. :(

George,

I suspect that you might be rebuffed if you trotted off to Court to sue without first contacting Sonic/Roxio's Customer Support department and asking them for help.

Have you contacted them? There are phone numbers, email addresses, and support tickets all available via www.roxio.com

Cheers,

Brendon

I had same problem, was advised to try offline and I would be shown a 25 digit product number etc. etc. Only there was no number shown! How do I find the product number to enter on the web site, to get a new key number???

Do you have EMC 9, or Roxio Creator 2009? There is a 2 version difference in the software.

You are obviouly correct, and I would get nowhere. I have tried phoning and e-mailing Roxio, and even phoning Sonic HQ in CA. All I get is the run around. The only human I could reach is the switchboard operator!!!!

All the answers I receive from Roxio is that the Version 9 is no longer supported by Roxio and I should upgrade! As I feel there is nothing wrong with my version except Roxio cannot activate their subcontractors MPEG-2, and I have only had the program 5-6months I don't feel much consumer confidence in Roxio products to spend another $70 to upgrade.

From your Forums it appears that many people accept this non existant service from Roxio, and waste their valuable time trying to make a crappy product work. When for $70 it should work correctly everytime.

Your previous statement sums it all up when you say you " we never did work out how or why it kept failing and then decide to work". I would have thought that this hit and miss attitude was not acceptable to anyone in the computer business.

Generally, a program that works without a glitch on the majority of machines isn't faulty per se

However, if it glitches on some machines, there has to be some common factor - and the only common factor so far that any of us have come across is a dodgy OS - whether it has Trojans or whatever is something we can't say (not sitting watching over your shoulder, we have to rely on you to provide feedback, answer questions and also try whatever is suggested).

Unfortunately, our magic wands all broke down years ago

Archived