• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Digitizing Cassettes

bobcats1232

Question

I am new to Roxio as having just purchased EMC8. My project is to digitize many cassettes we have of college level classroom lectures. These are all spoken work cassettes. My question is whether I should adjust any of the default settings due to this being spoken work and probably a mono sound.

1 answer to this question

I am new to Roxio as having just purchased EMC8. My project is to digitize many cassettes we have of college level classroom lectures. These are all spoken work cassettes. My question is whether I should adjust any of the default settings due to this being spoken work and probably a mono sound.

I just cracked the seal on LP and Tape Assistant this weekend so my experience is limited to a few hours!

I would suggest that you experiment. Record at normal levels, try it with adjustments and playback through several devices to get a fair sampling of the 'real world' environment that these will be used in.

Don't scrimp on file size! Use Best quality so that even a less than stellar recording will come out good.

Archived