Uninstall Creator 10?

imradar

Question

I purchased and downloaded Creator 2009 Ultimate last night.I am getting ready to install today.My question is, should I uninstall EMC10, before installing 2009?What are the advantages/disadvantages of leaving it installed? I am looking for as painless as possible install.(I had a great deal of frustration installing EMC 10),loosing drives,interfereeing with quickplay,and irritating burning issues. I can and will do a clean uninstall/install , if that is the best course of action to follow. Thanks (cant seem to figure how to get my signature to apear) oops got it!

:blink:

Edited by imradar

7 answers to this question

I've got 9, 10 and 11 (C2009) installed but I don't personally feel it's necessary to have both. Here's a comparison chart

Ok...so I gain nothing keeping EMC 10? And go ahead and uninstall it (using clean uninstall procedure).....? I just want one suite any ways.Is there any reason you keep previous versions? Thanx

I see some problems with NET framwork too ,I have Net framework 1.1 as well as hotfix (KB929729),is this sufficent? Not to hep on this stuff

Edited by imradar

Ok...so I gain nothing keeping EMC 10? And go ahead and uninstall it (using clean uninstall procedure).....? I just want one suite any ways.Is there any reason you keep previous versions?

I don't believe that EMC10 would provide you w/ anything that Creator '09 does not have, so keep your EMC10 disc in a safe place for future install if necessary and do the clean uninstall of EMC10 if you just want the one version....

I don't believe that EMC10 would provide you w/ anything that Creator '09 does not have, so keep your EMC10 disc in a safe place for future install if necessary and do the clean uninstall of EMC10 if you just want the one version....

doing the clean install procedure, and I nhave come across "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/SonicAMREncoder" I see no reference to this particular registry key! Do I leave it,or delete? I will wait before going any farther,I am following directions completly,and dont want to mess up here!

Ok I sent a web ticket to see if Roxio can help.But I would like to install now, if anyone has any comment I would certainly appriciate it...again Thanks

Edited by imradar

doing the clean install procedure, and I nhave come across "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/SonicAMREncoder" I see no reference to this particular registry key! Do I leave it,or delete? I will wait before going any farther,I am following directions completly,and dont want to mess up here!

If you have installed C2009, Leave it there. I have C2009 installed on a Vista HP 32 bit computer and I have it in my registry listing. Looks like it has a connection with Videowave that is still a part of C2009 programs. And that's one you surely want.

BTW, there are a couple of "back slashes" that you forgot :D

Frank...

If you have installed C2009, Leave it there. I have C2009 installed on a Vista HP 32 bit computer and I have it in my registry listing. Looks like it has a connection with Videowave that is still a part of C2009 programs. And that's one you surely want.

BTW, there are a couple of "back slashes" that you forgot :D

Frank...

I havent installed Creator 2009 yet...I figure this is left over fromEMC 10, and wondered if I should delete it before installing 2009...i'M LEANING TOWARDS DELETING IT,BUT AM NOT SURE.jUST WOULD LIKE A TROUBLE FREE INSTALL....THANKS FOR THE SPEEDY REPLY! :) sorry about the caps lock. Also how do you do the screen capture? I like that!

Ok I'm gonna go with my gut feeling here...seeing as it is related to creator 10 I'm gonna delete it,and full speed ahead....hope this is it!

WOW! A flawless install...no errors or crashes like I experianced with EMC 10 ! Hope it continues to be stable

Edited by imradar