• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blackberry Media Manager Unistalled Creator 9

basmati

Question

I have spent hours and hours building a DVD movie in Videowave. I didn't realize that when I installed the Media Manager that came with my new Blackberry that it would uninstall Roxio Easy Media Creator 9. Now my videowave file is gone. I am running Windows XP. I reverted back to a restore point prior to installing Media Manager, but I can't recover the videowave file with all the photos and audio tracks in tact. The file is in the directory folder but all the input data (photos, text panels, audio) is gone. Please help! The DVD movie is for a big family event in 2 weeks. I'm devastated!

9 answers to this question

No – it don't work that way… No install is going to delete any Project file, nor will it delete any picture, clip or anything like that.

If you are getting the "can't find" warning, it is more likely that your Project file is corrupt and cannot be fixed.

Edited by Jim_Hardin

Hi,

I had the same problem. I installed the blackberry software yesterday. I thought it was going to use my existing Roxio applications. But, it removed all my icons from the start menu. It added its own set. I thought no problem, but I have not been able to launch any of the video applications that I had. Either the icon is just missing from the start menu or the application is gone. I did try digging around in the 'program files' directory for the exe that would launch my video applications. No luck. I tried going to support on the web site. No luck-unless you want to pay $30 for 15 minutes.

Can someone tell me how to launch my Roxio software or is it gone?

Thanks

Hi,

I had the same problem. I installed the blackberry software yesterday. I thought it was going to use my existing Roxio applications. But, it removed all my icons from the start menu. It added its own set. I thought no problem, but I have not been able to launch any of the video applications that I had. Either the icon is just missing from the start menu or the application is gone. I did try digging around in the 'program files' directory for the exe that would launch my video applications. No luck. I tried going to support on the web site. No luck-unless you want to pay $30 for 15 minutes.

Can someone tell me how to launch my Roxio software or is it gone?

Thanks

I think that you have to installl your original Roxio software, again.

You can type "Blackberry" in the Search box, and you should get lots of hits.

Apparently, Roxio is just referring everyone to Blackberry. Being a software developer I understand many complications involved in writing installation packages. Strangely enough, Roxio licenses there software to blackberry where they make money and rid themselves of all responsibility of any of these issues. It bothers me because I purchased from both companies. I think the least Roxio can do is publish a white sheet on the subject telling them how to fix their problems. I am very disappointed. I needed to compress some videos today and rather than use the software I purchased, I am having to download shareware. I will probably buy Nero in the future. And And And, expect to see something about this blogged on at least 3 technical sites, twittered and facebook. The worst part is that Roxio's apparent lack of concern.

Apparently, Roxio is just referring everyone to Blackberry. Being a software developer I understand many complications involved in writing installation packages. Strangely enough, Roxio licenses there software to blackberry where they make money and rid themselves of all responsibility of any of these issues. It bothers me because I purchased from both companies. I think the least Roxio can do is publish a white sheet on the subject telling them how to fix their problems. I am very disappointed. I needed to compress some videos today and rather than use the software I purchased, I am having to download shareware. I will probably buy Nero in the future. And And And, expect to see something about this blogged on at least 3 technical sites, twittered and facebook. The worst part is that Roxio's apparent lack of concern.

Did you do a Search, as I suggested, in my last post? I think that there is a thread that has an easy resolution to the problem.

dcary -

You sound like you are under the misimpession you are talking to Roxio Tech.

No amount of yelling at people who use the software and try to help others, is going to change Roxio/Sonic management methods.

In fact, they seem no longer worried about EMC 9, since they are now on the equivilant of EMC 11 but they named it Creator 2009. As evidence - they buried the EMC 9 Forums in Legacy EMC.

Lynn

(Sorry Lynn I did an edit on the ID for the new product as Creator 2009 . I tried to send you a p.m. but you inbox was full.)

Edited by sknis

Sorry, I guess I needed to vent.

Yes, I did the search. Yes, I can re-install the software and that what the only solution I saw. Did I miss something?

The search is also what made me a little more angry. I didn't see any real help provided by roxio. Maybe I missed it. I know that the software is a little old. It still doesn't make it right and I still own the software. I am just surprised I haven't seen a white paper on it or any official documentation. I have always liked roxio. I guess I wanted a little more response towards their customers and that they are not a little more strict on the use of their products by 3rd party vendors.

Thanks for the help and sorry I got so agitated. Many companies spend lots of money a year to hear customer feedback. They would be crazy not to monitor these list.

Dan

Sorry, I guess I needed to vent.

Yes, I did the search. Yes, I can re-install the software and that what the only solution I saw. Did I miss something?

The search is also what made me a little more angry. I didn't see any real help provided by roxio. Maybe I missed it. I know that the software is a little old. It still doesn't make it right and I still own the software. I am just surprised I haven't seen a white paper on it or any official documentation. I have always liked roxio. I guess I wanted a little more response towards their customers and that they are not a little more strict on the use of their products by 3rd party vendors.

Thanks for the help and sorry I got so agitated. Many companies spend lots of money a year to hear customer feedback. They would be crazy not to monitor these list.

Dan

Let's see, you can install the software and you can find the Video Wave file. When you choose to open it, you get a notification that the images, videos and the music are missing. Have you tried navigating to where they are now? Are you saying that you cannot find them after a Windows Search of your computer? It is unlikely but possible that the Blackberry moved them to it's version of Media Manager but that would not be likely. Are you running both internal and extranal hard drives?

Perchance did you move them to another location so the program doesn't see them. Perhaps you moved them after the system restore point was made?

Can you restore them from a back up of the files (not system restore) that you are doing periodically?

Here is the fix and it is not a pleasant process.

I had the same problem with Roxio Media Manager that came with my Blackberry.

Here is what I did and everything works fine now.

Uninstall all Roxio products on your computer.

Uninstall your Blackberry Desktop program.

Clean install is best

If running Windows XP use this link; http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/WinOnCD/000...R?set-locale=en

If running Windows Vista use this link; http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000...R?set-locale=en

Follow the directions to the letter.

You must also uninstall all Reasearch in Motion folders located in the same areas as all Roxio and Sonic folders during your uninstall procedures from the links above.

Make sure you have "NO" programs running in the back ground, especially your anti-virus program.

After you have cleaned out your computer

Restart computer again

Make sure you have nothing running in the background.

Install your Roxio EMC 9 software.

Restart computer.

Install the Roxio content disk

Restart computer.

DO NOT INSTALL THE BLACKBERRY DISK AT ALL. Or any portion of it. Trust me, you will have to start all over if you do.

Now go to this link: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry....B93E4F3BB068C22

Select the Blackberry product that you have

Select the version number of the Blackberry device you have or wish to update

Select the Download Manager "WITHOUT" the Media Manager

Download it to your desktop

Close out all windows and make sure nothing is running in the background.

Double click on that file you just downloaded to the desktop and it will unzip where it needs to go

Click install and follow the directions

Restart your computer

If you followed these instructions to the letter then everything should work with Roxio EMC9 and the Blackberry.

The big problem I found was that EMC9 Media Manager is actually RoxMediaDB9 and the Blackberry Media Manager is actually RoxMediaDB.

They both can not be on the same computer at the same time. They don't like each other!!

RoxMediaDB will "not" work with EMC9 and simply removing it will not do the trick. (Been there, done that)

RoxMediaDB9 will work on EMC9 and the Blackberry Desktop Manager with no problem.

Now;

Open your project in videowave and the warning window will tell you, it can not find the files for this project.

Direct that window on where you stored your project photos, music ect. (Hopefully you stored your project in its own folder with all the photos, music, ect in that "one" folder). Otherwise you are going to spend a lot of time trying to locate each photo, music and ect files.

Once you tell that window where to look, you shouldn't have any more problems. Make sure you re-save the project otherwise you will have the same problem the next time you open the project. Put that resaved project in the same folder with your photos, music, ect. Keep any information concerning your project in the same folder, at all times.

If you have dis-abled some of the features of Roxio EMC 9 in the "msconfig" services tab, make sure you leave the RoxMediaDB9 checked, as this is what controls the Media Manager for EMC9 and the Blackberry.

Hope this helps you.

Edited by agentmike