Old Version Better Need Help

lpatrick

Question

I started using Roxio, the very first edition back in 03. Once you dragged several clips in the timeline, you could "group" them together and then add a song clip just to that set of clips. It was SO MUCH EASIER than creator 9. It is extremely time consuming in creator 9 once I finally figured out how to do it. All you did was hit the shift key in the very first version, drag the mouse to the clip you wanted, it would group them together and then you could add a song just to those few clips. Has anyone figured out an easier way to do this? PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Is there an easier way to group the clips together and then add the audio? I have to go into a different part of the program, the timeline, add the audio there, but it's not that simple. It takes FOREVER...to load and then you have to trim, edit, trim, edit, trim, edit just to get it to fit. Any suggestions or do I just need to go back to version 1 or version 4? I do NOT like 9. Is 10 any better or worse?

I started using Roxio, the very first edition back in 03. Once you dragged several clips in the timeline, you could "group" them together and then add a song clip just to that set of clips. It was SO MUCH EASIER than creator 9. It is extremely time consuming in creator 9 once I finally figured out how to do it. All you did was hit the shift key in the very first version, drag the mouse to the clip you wanted, it would group them together and then you could add a song just to those few clips. Has anyone figured out an easier way to do this? PLEASE let me know.

Thanks

I don't have an answer for you, but it's been moved under the EMC 9 topics since that's what you seem to be using. It has a better chance of being seen by more eyeballs here, and hopefully someone who can answer your question will reply here.

Thanks

In Timeline view, add your music clip to any available audio track, and align the left side of the music clip object to the start of the clip group (you cna drag the music clip object by putting the cursor over it and hold the LH mouse down). If the music is longer than the combined duration of the clips in the group, you can shorten the msuic clip by pointing the cursor on the right side of the msuci clip object. Once it turns to a double arrow, drag the right side so that it aligns with the end of tghe clip group.

Well, the problem I am having now is that I went to manage media, clicked capture and downloaded video clips off of a dvd that we recorded this week. When I opened it in Cinemagic it has a gray overlay. It's not clear. When I opened the video in Windows Movie Maker it appeared clear but Windows does not have alot of options so I would prefer to use Roxio. The gray color is horrible. It looks like it had been recorded in sephia mode or something. What do i need to do?

Well, the problem I am having now is that I went to manage media, clicked capture and downloaded video clips off of a dvd that we recorded this week. When I opened it in Cinemagic it has a gray overlay. It's not clear. When I opened the video in Windows Movie Maker it appeared clear but Windows does not have alot of options so I would prefer to use Roxio. The gray color is horrible. It looks like it had been recorded in sephia mode or something. What do i need to do?

If that DVD is not write protected, put in in your DVD burner and copy the folder with the VOB files to your hard drive. Open Video Wave and add the VOB file. No conversion or capture needed. VOB files are mpg2 which (of course) are DVD compliant.

I don't have a guess of why you are getting the gray overlay. Also what do you see if you play that video on your hard drive using VLC (free media player)?