• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Audio

coiling

Question

5 answers to this question

Here is an update. I went to the support boards at apple.com and found out that there is a sound problem with iLife 06 that is affecting many users. Some people have found solutions that worked for them but not for me when I tried them.

So, I installed my previous version of iMovie, (04) and tried again but had the same problem with the audio. Then I connected my camcorder and tried capturing directly into quicktime pro. I made a toast image and still no sound.

I've been a mac user since 2002 and never before have I had a bad experience. I don't know if the problem lies with the new intel machines or not but it is a shame I cannot use it for what I intended it for.

I just bought an intel powered mac mini and tried my first toast 7 project. I created a disk image from an iMovie project. There was no audio but all the other settings worked. How do I fix this problem?

Are you using Toast 7.0.2? If not, download the update.

You say you created a disc image. I presume this is a video DVD image file. Are you trying to play the mounted disc image with DVD player or with something else?

Try this. Mount the disc image, open Toast and select the Media Browser (the Media button on the top left). Select DVD with the top button. When the DVD appears in the lower window, go down one level with the lower button. Hold the cursor over the top of the movie title. You'll see a description of the video including its audio file.

Now drag the video to the Toast Video window. Toast will extract the MPEG and write it to the Roxio Converted Items folder. When that is complete, select it in the Video window and click Export. Choose AIFF in the audio export options and click Save. When that is done can you play that exported audio file?

You say you created a disc image. I presume this is a video DVD image file. Are you trying to play the mounted disc image with DVD player or with something else?

Try this. Mount the disc image, open Toast and select the Media Browser (the Media button on the top left). Select DVD with the top button. When the DVD appears in the lower window, go down one level with the lower button. Hold the cursor over the top of the movie title. You'll see a description of the video including its audio file.

Now drag the video to the Toast Video window. Toast will extract the MPEG and write it to the Roxio Converted Items folder. When that is complete, select it in the Video window and click Export. Choose AIFF in the audio export options and click Save. When that is done can you play that exported audio file?

I did this and it worked, I could hear the soundtrack. But get this, I decided to try again and burn to DVD instead of an image. When finished, there was no sound when played on the computer but the soundtrack was there when I played on my set-top box connected to my TV. I'm glad it worked, but I wish I knew why there is no sound on my Mac.

Archived