Request to put in disk after install almost complete

stewar51@shaw.ca

Question

3 answers to this question

When i try to install this program i get a request to put in a disk when the intall is just about completed. Has anybody had this problem and how do you complete the install. If i cancel the request the program reverses itself and uninstalls

Hi Stewar51,

Can we ask here that you supply a bit more info, IE the computer make, model etc , service packs and if possible a bit more info on the CD it asks for?.

is the CD it asks for, the EMC8 install disk or what info type of disk is it asking for?

all this sort of information helps us here sort out the issue for you.

best way to do most of this is to add the info to your signature (like mine)

lets see if we all here can help you.

regards

Hi stewar51@shaw.ca

Sorry to say , i don't have an answer for this, but all i can suggest is that you maybe need to remove EMC and clean the system with a registry cleaner , and then start a fresh EMC install and see if that corrects the issue.

1. run this Roxio zap remover and remove EMC8 or try to uninstall it then run this tool (tool here)

2. run a registry clean tool over the system and remove any EMC references from your system.

you can use this tool or use the Microsoft's cleaner (Free tool here) (MS tool here)

Then reboot and try the install again, remember to reboot between the installer disk and the contence CD.

also make sure you have the latest DirectX installed and the latest Windows installer 3.1 on your system

before the install.... see if this helps

Hi Stewar51,

Can we ask here that you supply a bit more info, IE the computer make, model etc , service packs and if possible a bit more info on the CD it asks for?.

is the CD it asks for, the EMC8 install disk or what info type of disk is it asking for?

regards

Hi Stewar51,

regards

I use the Easy Media Creator suite 8 program disk. When it almost gets to the end of the copying files portion it stops and ask me to insert the disk I have tried both program and content disk to no avail. I would add that i have previously had this program on my hard drive with no problem. I have not installed any new hardware or software recently.

bob stewart

amd 1800 athalon

windows xp home edition service pack tw0

sb live

512 ram

64 rvia video card

office 2003

and various games

Archived