Panel Edges Flashing

nmcc

Question

I have made a videowave production, using videoclips and stills and for most of the stills I have used the pan and zoom editor to apply some movement. I've saved the production using video output as MPG2 DVD Best Quality. when I playback the finished production there is a slight shiver ot the left, or top and bottom edge of some of the stills. The production is for display using a projector onto a pull down screen and this shivering is very distracting and annoying. It does not appear on all stills that have been edited but on enough to cause a problem.

2 answers to this question

I have made a videowave production, using videoclips and stills and for most of the stills I have used the pan and zoom editor to apply some movement. I've saved the production using video output as MPG2 DVD Best Quality. when I playback the finished production there is a slight shiver ot the left, or top and bottom edge of some of the stills. The production is for display using a projector onto a pull down screen and this shivering is very distracting and annoying. It does not appear on all stills that have been edited but on enough to cause a problem.

Can you see the entire image from the projection or are the sides cut off? That shimmer may be a artifact of the projector.

Also on the images where there is the shimmer, do the images contain vertical lines (like a man's pin stripped shirt)?

You may want to read about TV overscan to resize the images so they are not on the edges. A solid color around the images may not show the shimmer.

Thanks for replying. Yes Shimmer is the correct discription. The shimmer is also evident when i run the production on my PC and also on other PC's so it's not a feature of the projector, which was my first thought. I will have a look at the TV Overscan and resize and see if this helps. I have also found the the shimmer is evident, in Pan Zoom Edit Preview if I set Render to Software, while creating the production, but is not evident if Render is set to Hardware, during the process. I have also save seting Render to Hardware and Software, with the shimmer being visible on both productions.

nmcc