• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Easy Dvd Copy4 Creates 2 Divx Files, Splits Movie In Half?

technofan

Question

Hi I hope someone may be able to help?

I am trying to convert dvds to divx format and save them on my hard drive as an electronic movie library. Everything is going fine until the movie gets to 1.9gb in size then the second half of the film is put into a separate divx movie file, thereby creating 2 movie files from one dvd?? I use vista and ntfs files so max file sizes should not be a problem? Why is Easy DVD Copy splitting my movies in half when saving to a hard drive?? Can anyone help?

Thank you,

:huh:

Pete>

2 answers to this question

Hi Pete,

I wonder if Easy DVD Copy is a subset of Easy Media Creator 10.

We found the same problem in EMC 10, and still don't have an answer to it. I think subsequent versions of DivX don't have that problem, but I don't know how you'd go about updating the version in Easy DVD Copy without breaking it altogether.

Here's the original topic in the EMC 10 forum.

Regards,

Brendon

Hi Pete,

I wonder if Easy DVD Copy is a subset of Easy Media Creator 10.

We found the same problem in EMC 10, and still don't have an answer to it. I think subsequent versions of DivX don't have that problem, but I don't know how you'd go about updating the version in Easy DVD Copy without breaking it altogether.

Here's the original topic in the EMC 10 forum.

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks Brendon,

This is a massive let down. I read the box very carefully before buying the product to make sure it would do what I wanted. It is a poor advert for Roxio and potentially a waste of money for me if there is no fix. Clearly there have been issues for some time with this. If free programs like Auto Gordian Knot can do it right, then I would expect Roxio to do better (which is why I bought it). However, thank you for your help, you have been very kind to respond.

Regards,

Pete.