Plug and Burn

trvlyn

Question

I recently downloaded Easy Media Creator 8 so I could directly burn videos from my camera to a DVD without saving on my harddrive. I've tried it on 2 different computers and get the same error message on both. It says: Current Device is not Compatible. My camera is a Sony Handycam DCR-TRV33. My laptop is an Averatec 6200 series with a Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-852S drive and my desktop is a Dell Dimension 4500 which has a Memorex DVD +/-RW True 8X drive. I am connecting through USB.

It's very hard to find any help info on the Plug and Burn feature. Any ideas?

Trvlyn

2 answers to this question

I recently downloaded Easy Media Creator 8 so I could directly burn videos from my camera to a DVD without saving on my harddrive. I've tried it on 2 different computers and get the same error message on both. It says: Current Device is not Compatible. My camera is a Sony Handycam DCR-TRV33. My laptop is an Averatec 6200 series with a Slimtype DVERW SOSW-852S drive and my desktop is a Dell Dimension 4500. I am connecting through USB.

It's very hard to find any help info on the Plug and Burn feature. Any ideas?

Trvlyn

As stated in EMC requirements, for capture from a DV camcorder using EMC, you have to use a Firewire connection, USB does not work. I have the same camera and the same computer and have no problems capturing with Firewire. I never use Plug & Burn though preferring to capture to my hard drive in avi format since I usually want to edit my video.

I believe you also have a on-board video which will not be compatible with EMC when doing video work.

As stated in EMC requirements, for capture from a DV camcorder using EMC, you have to use a Firewire connection, USB does not work. I have the same camera and the same computer and have no problems capturing with Firewire. I never use Plug & Burn though preferring to capture to my hard drive in avi format since I usually want to edit my video.

I believe you also have a on-board video which will not be compatible with EMC when doing video work.

Thank you! I am not needing to edit at this point as I am trying to copy my videos onto DVD so I can send them to a friend who is going to edit them. I don't understand your last sentence....

Thank you! I am not needing to edit at this point as I am trying to copy my videos onto DVD so I can send them to a friend who is going to edit them. I don't understand your last sentence....

P. S. It appears that I don't have a connection for a firewire.

Archived