Jam and Tiger 10.4.6, Losing Tracks

wellhelloclarice1990

Question

I don't know if this is something new with Jam 6.0.3 and Tiger (10.4.5 and 10.4.6), and it has been awhile since I have used Jam and also since I have cruised these discussion boards, but I am experiencing a problem with Jam losing my tracks in between saves. To be more specific, I usually save my work and come back to it, sometimes 10 times or so over a month's time before I am happy with my all of my crossfades between my tracks and I am ready for Jam to write a disc image.

The last time I used Jam (on 10.4.5), I noticed that after saving my work in the Jam .disc file and coming back to it at a later time, Jam could not find all of my tracks, and I had to go find them myself. I had not changed or in any way moved the original tracks from the folder I had them stored in. I obviously would understand Jam not being able to locate them if I had moved them. I dismissed the problem as a fluke. But today, I started working on another dance mix CD and, after I saved my work, I re-launched the Jam document (.disc) and again, Jam could not find some of the tracks. Specifially, Jam seems to have a problem finding certain audio tracks that I drug-copied out of my iTunes library into a separate folder. This particular document I am working on is looking at tracks in two separate subfolders within the same folder on my hard drive. One folder has AIFFs that I tweaked in Peak and the other is just AACs that I copied from my iTunes library. Jam seems to have problems locating SOME, but not all of the AACs.

Anyone have any ideas? If there was an earlier thread regarding this same topic, I apologize for re-posting but am in a hurry to finish my project.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

I am new on this board and have a question. I am a long time user of Toast and Jam. Recently purchased a new G5 running OS 10.4.6 tiger. I use to have a G3 desktop and used both programs. My question is will Toast with Jam 6 work on my new Mac? I use toast to burn just copies of CD's . I use Jam for mixdowns of projects done in my studio. I intend to get a Plextor Cd burner for use with my new Mac as I do not like the super drive. Cannot find how to reset the burn speed on it, if in fact that is even possible. Yes I have the Hitachi and read here somewhere they are not the greatest. I had a Plextor 8-2-20 with my other Mac and it was a great unit, never had any problems with it.

Anyone that can answer these questions will be a big help, thanks

I think I have a similar issue. My files are in Apple Lossless format. In older *.disc Jam files I have, Jam correctly finds all the files. Any new files since either 10.4.7 or Quicktime 7.1.2, Jam has a problem locating files in any new *.disc file. I have to look for most, if not all, files that were on the list. This happens when I quit Jam, not when I simply re-open the list with Jam still open.

It's very annoying. I will see if I have an older version of OSX or Quicktime on a machine someplace, and see if I can recreate this.

Archived