• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

error when burning a dvd

ferrous

Question

11 answers to this question

Well, DC will not copy commercial cd's.

I thought he said the video files had been decrypted - so Disc Copier should work just fine.

What burner are you using? What media? What speed are you burning at? How long did the burning process last? Is your source material already shrunk to fit on a single layer media? Did disc copier activate the transcoder to shrink the video files while burning? It is possible that your burn failed towards the end of the burn, leaving you with a disc that is mostly burned, but with an unfinished final track. This will have aborted the finalization process also - which leaves you with a mostly completely burned dvd media that looks empty since nothing can read it. Burns can fail towards the outer rim of media due to burning at a speed beyond the practical capabilities of the burner/media combination. Burn speeds are at their maximum towards the end of a burn - at the outer rim of the media. As an example, I also use Benq DVD+R media (the package label says it is 8x media, it is internally identified as capable of burning at 16x). This is actually Daxon media - and it has performed quite well for me so far in my Benq 1620 burner. But I never burn it at 16x. I stick to 4x or 8x - with 100% success so far.

I suggest you buy a few DVD rewritable media (ie. +RW instead of +R) to experiment with. Then you can reuse them until you are sure you have the problem solved - then burn to your +R media for your backup.

when I try to burn to a dvd disc using dvd copier it goes through the process of burning but at the end there is an error message and there is nothing burnt to the disc. I am using an Asus 1608 burner and Benq 16X dvd + R discs.

What does the error message say? Please list your computer specs.

Are you burning an ISO or folder? Does the burning process complete before the error and the drive open or does it lock up?

when I try to burn to a dvd disc using dvd copier it goes through the process of burning but at the end there is an error message and there is nothing burnt to the disc. I am using an Asus 1608 burner and Benq 16X dvd + R discs.

What is the source disc?

What does the error message say? Please list your computer specs.

Are you burning an ISO or folder? Does the burning process complete before the error and the drive open or does it lock up?

The error message just says "unknown error has occurred". What specs do you want? Sorry, I'm a bit new at this. I'm trying to burn a movie which I've decrypted. The burning process seems to complete. It says it has, but then when I close the box, the error comes up. It also doesn't eject the disc. When I try to play the disc to see if it has burned it makes everything lock up!!!

The error message just says "unknown error has occurred". What specs do you want? Sorry, I'm a bit new at this. I'm trying to burn a movie which I've decrypted. The burning process seems to complete. It says it has, but then when I close the box, the error comes up. It also doesn't eject the disc. When I try to play the disc to see if it has burned it makes everything lock up!!!

Look below my name and you'll see my specs....that's what I'm looking for.

If an error pops up, it's almost a sure deal that the disc is not complete or did not finish satisfactorily and won't work.

When you say you are trying to burn a movie that was decrypted, do you mean a commercial movie?

Archived