• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DVD Slideshow and application files?

easternherp

Question

Is this possible? I want to have a slideshow on a DVD so that when I play it on a Mac or on a DVD player it will show a slideshow. I also want the original image files which are high res RAW files on the same DVD so that they can be opened on a computer. The idea is that someone can view the slideshow and see what photos are on the DVD and then be able to open the original high res ones.

8 answers to this question

In addition to "Fingerman's" Step 4, make sure to check "Add Data Content" option just above "Add original Photos"

Himanshu

I had checked the add data but it didn't work so as a test I selected add orig photos which did work so I guess it was a bug as I tried some different files and it worked as it should with the data added as well as the slide show.

If the slideshow was created directly through Toast 7, you should be able to click on the More button on the bottom left, and then choose the Add Original Photos option on the menu that pops up.

William

The problem is that the original files are RAW files rather than Jpegs. I have created low res jpegs of all the RAW files but want to archive the RAW files on the same DVD.

1. launch Toast

2. click Data tab, choose DVD-ROM in drawer, drag/drop your RAW images into Toast main window

3. click Video tab, choose DVD-Video in drawer, drag/drop your images into Toast main window, or drag/drop in a slideshow movie you've made in Motion Pictures

4. make sure "Add original photos" is not checked

5. click red record button

This will create a DVD-Video that will play in a DVD player or computer (and show your sildeshow or movie) and will also have a folder on the disc that can be accessed on a Mac or PC that will contain the full sized RAW images.

1. launch Toast

2. click Data tab, choose DVD-ROM in drawer, drag/drop your RAW images into Toast main window

3. click Video tab, choose DVD-Video in drawer, drag/drop your images into Toast main window, or drag/drop in a slideshow movie you've made in Motion Pictures

4. make sure "Add original photos" is not checked

5. click red record button

This will create a DVD-Video that will play in a DVD player or computer (and show your sildeshow or movie) and will also have a folder on the disc that can be accessed on a Mac or PC that will contain the full sized RAW images.

Thanks Fingerman, I knew there must be a way. I'll give it a try.

Thanks Fingerman, I knew there must be a way. I'll give it a try.

Fingerman,

I tried your way this morning and Toast would not add the data part even though it was checked. I tried checking add orininal photos and that worked so perhaps this function isn't working correctly in Toast 7.0.2.

Can anyone else verify this?

I tried your way this morning and Toast would not add the data part even though it was checked. I tried checking add orininal photos and that worked so perhaps this function isn't working correctly in Toast 7.0.2.

Finger,

I'm not sure if it was just a typo, or maybe I am not understanding exactly what has been written, but I think the previous poster said to NOT check 'add original photos'. From your posting above, it seems you are doing the opposite. Maybe there is another checkbox that you are referring to. My apologies if you meant something else.

-Mike

Finger,

I'm not sure if it was just a typo, or maybe I am not understanding exactly what has been written, but I think the previous poster said to NOT check 'add original photos'. From your posting above, it seems you are doing the opposite. Maybe there is another checkbox that you are referring to. My apologies if you meant something else.

-Mike

In addition to "Fingerman's" Step 4, make sure to check "Add Data Content" option just above "Add original Photos"

Himanshu

Archived