• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Another

Topaz Palm

Question

I am trying to use the Roxio Video Capture USB with Creator 2009 Special Edition 111B10E to capture video output from a VHS player with red white and yellow RCA connectors. The capture starts to work fine and after about 20 seconds everything freezes. I've tried it several times with varying lengths of time but always ends in failure and frozen computer.

Toshiba Satelite XP Pro SP3 1.37 GB Ram Pentium 4 3.33GHz

What am I doing wrong? What is a clean install?

Thanks

14 answers to this question

Toshiba Satelite XP Pro SP3 1.37 GB Ram Pentium 4 3.33GHz

Is this a laptop? If a laptop, are you using external power, not the battery? A onboard video chip or deticated video card? Your processor is a "Pentium 4 3.33GHz" correct? How much free space do you have on the hard drive?

cd

It's a laptop running on power with 59.4GB on internal HD and 222GB on external HD

The only video or graphic adapter I can find is ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP. I did a driver update check and it said no newer available.

The DirectX update instructions scare me! How do I find out what version I have now?

http://ati.amd.com/products/mobilityradeon...p/features.html

Optimized Software Support Microsoft DirectX 8.1 and OpenGL® drivers Unified driver support for all Radeon discrete and integrated graphics products

Minimum system requirements for C 2009 is a Direct 9 compatible chip / card.

"Pentium 4 3.33GHz" correct?

Is the above correct?

cd

I'll try to do all of the above and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I see on the system requirements that DirectX 9 compatible graphics card is required. How do I determine that or which version of DirectX I have?

We also have a fairly new HP laptop with Vista Entertainment on it perhaps I should try that one?

It's a laptop running on power with 59.4GB on internal HD and 222GB on external HD

The only video or graphic adapter I can find is ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP. I did a driver update check and it said no newer available.

The DirectX update instructions scare me! How do I find out what version I have now?

To find an updated driver, for your graphics chip, first go to Toshiba's website, and see if they have one. If not, go to ATI's (AMD) site, and see if they have one.

Windows Update is not the place to go, looking for new drivers.

I'll try to do all of the above and let you know how it turns out.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I see on the system requirements that DirectX 9 compatible graphics card is required. How do I determine that or which version of DirectX I have?

We also have a fairly new HP laptop with Vista Entertainment on it perhaps I should try that one?

In XP, start, run, type in Dxdiag , click ok.

cd

Looking at the specs on this pc I would uninstall Roxio and move it to the newer one with Vista you mentioned.

Quick Details

File Name: directx_nov2008_redist.exe

Version: 9.25.1476

Date Published: 11/7/2008

Language: English

Download Size: 86.2 MB

Instructions

Click the Download button on this page to start the download, or select a different language from the Change language drop-down list and click Go.

Do one of the following:

To start the installation immediately, click Run.

To save the download to a folder on your computer for installation at a later time, click Save.

Extract directx_nov2008_redist.exe with winzip or the like within the folder.

Make a restore point, reboot the pc close everthing down especially antivirus/firewall, open the folder, double click DXSETUP.exe, follow the prompts.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

cd

I followed all the instructions to completely remove Roxio Creator 2009 from the Toshiba machine. The Vista HP machine had DirectX 10 installed. I gave up on the Toshiba and installed the Creator 2009 and Capture USB software on the Vista machine and it worked perfectly.

Thanks for all your help!

I followed all the instructions to completely remove Roxio Creator 2009 from the Toshiba machine. The Vista HP machine had DirectX 10 installed. I gave up on the Toshiba and installed the Creator 2009 and Capture USB software on the Vista machine and it worked perfectly.

You did all the work! :)

cd

I didn't give any suggestions to help you in this thread and your problem, but I would like to say "KUDOS" to you for following each of the posted suggestions given. Most users don't ! And glad you have everything working right now !!

Frank...