• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 20 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Rotating Videos

Wanda Lou

Question

Having recently purchased Creator 2009, I thought it would be neat to put together a video of old Christmas footage. Problem is that some of it was made with the video sideways. When I purchase Creator 2009, I was under the impression that you could rotate videos in Roxio. Unfortunately, I am unable to discover how. Can anyone tell how to do this? <_<

4 answers to this question

Only video on the overlay can be rotated. For that particular clip, place a color panel on the main track and then palce the video to be rotated on the overlay track. Click VIEW / SETTINGS to rotate.

Are you using Roxio Creator 2009? When I tried to do this following your tip, the only thing it gave me when I clicked VIEW / SETTINGS was color editing options.

Are you using Roxio Creator 2009? When I tried to do this following your tip, the only thing it gave me when I clicked VIEW / SETTINGS was color editing options.

It works fine in VideoWave, in Creator 2009. That is the program that you should be using.

In Storyline view, right click on the first blank frame, then select Insert Color Panel. Choose whatever color you want. I use the default black.

Next click on the Timeline tab. At the top of the screen, click on View, then on Media Selector. Once the Media Selector opens, browse to your video clip, and drag it down to the Ovl 1 track.

Next, double click on the video, in the Ovl 1 track, and in the box that opens, click on the second icon from the right. You will see Rotation, there. Rotate it 90 degrees, or whatever you want.

You may want to resize the video, and you will want to adjust the time, on the black panel, to match the length of time of the video.

post-81-1229181514.jpg

Thank you, grandpa!

It took me awhile to figure this one out, so make sure you did the following.

1. Make sure your VideoWave window is maximized.

2. Place the video on the OV1 track, not the video track.

3. Hover your hand cursor on the timeline to stretch it out. My video was a minute and a half long, but I had the timeline showing 24 minutes as the next interval.

4. Make sure your production's settings last longer than 5 seconds.