Sign in to follow this  
Chillvista

I Don't Have Direct CD

Question

Every time my PC starts up I get a window that tells me that a driver for DirctCD has been blocked due to incompatibility as it may cause problems with my system. I prompts me to check for solutions online (which does not work) then to contact Roxio I don’t even have directCD installed in my PC.

Can someone tell me how to get rid of this warning?

Chill

5 answers to this question

Go into the Control Panel,Add/Remove Programs and look for anything Roxio,Sonic,DirectCd,Drag to Disk or DLA.

You should find something.

Go into the Control Panel,Add/Remove Programs and look for anything Roxio,Sonic,DirectCd,Drag to Disk or DLA.

You should find something.

Also look under Adaptec.

I had that on my WinXP for a while after seeing if an old DirectCD RW disc was readable, and it offered to install the reader.

(If WinXP's built-in UDF reader won't read it, without outside help, that is a VERY BAD sign.)

If you want to KEEP the data, do not format the disc, do not use RW media.

Lynn

Lynn you nailed it! There was no sonic, roxio, direct, nada but there was an Adaptec reader. I uninstalled it and whala!, no more annoying warning popping up every time I start the PC, Thank you for your help.

Edited by Chillvista

Just don't try to read whatever old DirectCD disc again. The disc has apparently failed if WinXP/Vista can't read it; a recovery program like ISOBuster or cdroller MIGHT be able to but the odds aren't good at this point.

Lynn

Attempting to read a Direct CD disc shouldn't give you a problem. It's only asking or allowing it to try and install the old reader that causes the problem.