• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Jodie

Capture Video Will Not Load

Question

I have upgraded to creator 2009. I just need to capture some home video from my camcorder. When I go to Import and click on "capture video" nothing loads. I also noticed that the "import photo" button doesn't open to anything either. Please help!!!!!!!!! Why is nothing every easy!!!

5 answers to this question

Follow ALL of the instructions, for a clean install, here:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=41967

I'm curious why this error happens after 2009 has been installed and used to capture video. I had the same problem with EMC 8 and 9. The only solution was to go through the painful uninstall\reinstall procedure. There has to be a better way.

I'm curious why this error happens after 2009 has been installed and used to capture video. I had the same problem with EMC 8 and 9. The only solution was to go through the painful uninstall\reinstall procedure. There has to be a better way.

That's probably a philosophical/esoteric question. Just off the top of my head, it could be your hardware, hardware settings, outdated drivers, outdated DirectX, other applications on the computer, installing the program with anti-virus running, installing to a badly fragmented drive, poor system maintenance, an actual virus, malware, use of a registry cleaner, files that are not properly formated, DRM protection, and of course "PICNIC" (not that that applies to you) and probably power issues etc.

Now if I have to think about it I could come up with a longer list ! :rolleyes::lol:

I had to do a reinstall only once - when I ran an over exuberant registry cleaner. :unsure:

I had to do a reinstall only once - when I ran an over exuberant registry cleaner. :unsure:

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced my problem may have been caused by "an over exuberant registry cleaner".

Anyway, I'm going to do another clean uninstall/reinstall and then see if I can isolate the culprit. If I come up with anything

concrete, I'll post it here.