Huskyhund

Help! Error Name Too Long

Question

Hello!

I think this is weird and i need help. I just bought roxio 2009 and tried to burn but when i try this error message appears

-Name too long (106 characters maximum)-

I can only count it to 103 characters so it should work but not. So i cut it to 39 characters and to see if it works... and the error message disappears! But, instead, it finds 8 new -Name too long (106 characters maximum)- errors. very confusing. They are all 1-8 characters long but roxio still say they exceed 106 characters. do you understand me problem? I need to burn some important data please help!

5 answers to this question

Huskyhund,

The "name" of a file also includes the path between the root directory of the disc and the position of the file, not just the length of the filename.

\last summer's vacation\first week's photos on the beach\monday\ is nearly 70 characters before you add the length of the filename of a file in the 'monday' folder. Try cutting the length of your folder names as well, if they're long.

The name includes the file path< track name. all the info on each file. One track name too long and the error comes up for all. I hope this Helps.

I just switched back to the Sonic version of Creator DE that came with my computer. I uninstalled Creator NXT2 and never intend to use it again or any other Corel product. Creator DE doesn't have that ridiculous file name restriction.

I just switched back to the Sonic version of Creator DE that came with my computer. I uninstalled Creator NXT2 and never intend to use it again or any other Corel product. Creator DE doesn't have that ridiculous file name restriction.

Did you realize that you just posted to a 5 year olde, long dead and forgotten thread

Anyway what ridiculous filename restriction?